Chapter 11

Your eyelids fluttered open and you slowly sat up and scratched your head. You swung your legs over the side of your f/c bed, you stood up and slouched in your position.

You rubbed at your eyes and started to walk over to the vanity that was placed in the far corner of the room. You looked at your human reflection for a moment, before deciding to clean yourself up and get ready.

// Small TimeSkip //

You walked out your bedroom door, being dressed in a white dress shirt with a f/c skirt/pants. You trailed down the quiet hallway, humming to yourself.

Once you entered the dinning room, a knife flung to your face.

You -of course- caught it easily with two fingers. A defeated sigh came from across the room. An amused light crossed your eyes. "Hey, that was a little better." You said, walking over to Al. The man looked at you with a glare. "No, no it wasn't." Al retorted with offence, you raised your hands defensively in the air.

"Just trying to cheer you up." You spoke with a poker face.

Al pouted and turned away from you, still silently judging himself. This is what happened everyday for the past year. You would wake up and be faced with a new challenge which concluded of Al trying to murder you, of course non of his tactics worked but, hey, he tried.

The mornings had gotten simpler for you also, ever since you've stayed on Earth, those horrible memories from your past no longer happened.

You had been a human and sometimes a demon this entire year, it was 1928 now and you had to agree that the year went by fast. You had spent so much time in the mortal realm, because when you would try to leave Al would beg you to stay. You couldn't break the little psycho's heart, so you stayed for this long.

And finally, today was the day. You had to leave.

You sighed and walked to the dinner table, sitting in the clean wooden chair. Al gave you a confused look, which made you pat the seat next to you, signaling that he could sit down.

Al was always cautious with you, you were a demon and could do unspeakable things to mere mortals like himself. Especially after Al invited you to one of his killing sprees, he saw what you could do to the human body and even he gagged at the sight.

"I need to tell you something." You said choosing your words carefully. Al nodded his head and patiently waited for you to continue.

"I'm going back to Hell."

"NO!"

Al shot up in his seat. You glared up at him due to his outburst. "Excuse me?" You spoke with slight disbelief. Al nervously glanced away before slowly sitting back down beside you.

"I mean, no, why do you feel the need to leave anyway, my dear?" Al said.

You sighed again, did everything you do have to have a reason behind it?

"It's not the matter of why I need to leave Al, it's the matter that if I stay here in the mortal realm any longer." You paused. "It may cause some serious conflict."

Al raised a brow. Here we go.

"What type of conflict? And how serious? Can't other overlords deal with your absence?" You shook your head. "No, they can't. My non appearance in Hell has caused an upset in the balance. I've spent to long here than I should have. I'm not even a demon that has signed up for being summoned by Earthlings." You said.

Al leaned into your shoulder. "But, my dear, I don't want you to leave me. Who will help me hunt? Who will spend the nights killing with me?" Al gasped. "Who will make jambalaya with me?!"