Chapter 38

Waking up to a knife ramming beside your face, almost slicing your eyes was not how you thought your day would go.

You sprung up, to see Al smiling crazily at you, weapon in hand.

Force of habit.

You growled harshly and turned around, laying on the bed trying to fall back asleep. Yet, the human had other plans.

He grabbed you by your ankles and dragged you to the side of the bed, giving a slight pull you fell off the mattress. Still holding the covers tight to your figure.

"Wake up~" Al cooed.

You didn't budge, instead you yawned and snuggled into the warmth of the sheets.

Footsteps from the male walked away from you, supposedly leaving you in peace. So, you drifted back to sleep.

You wished you hadn't.

Your memories flashed before your eyes, your life.

The scene was bloody, a bomb was hidden in the building you were supposed to be undercover at.

Your mission being to assassinate the loan sharks.

Families that resided there were killed in the explosion, as you were forced to see their scattered bodies.

If you could, you would prevent killing the young, the only morals you beard were for the children.

Maybe it's because you knew how it felt to be in their position, to be under control.

To feel trapped.

Any child would feel trapped if they had to watch their father hang their mother in front of them.

Cold water splashed on you, waking you up instantly.

"I said, wake up." Al sternly said, holding an empty cup.

You sat up and glared at the male, but still stood on your feet. The human handed you a towel and you gladly took it, drying yourself off.

You shook your head, your wet ears swaying in the air.

"Today is your party. Are you ready for it?" You plainly said, facing Al.

"Knowing it's because I'll be dying," The male paused, smiling at you. "Yes."

You sighed at him. "So optimistic."

Al's smile widened and he picked up the sheets, putting them back on the bed. "Always."

You walked to the door and opened it before turning back to the human and giving him a peace sign. "See you at the party then." You said and left.

——————

You wore f/c skinny jeans and a f/c sweatshirt as you walked down the hotel hallways.

Feeling comfortable was more important than looking formal, if anyone could tell you were the slightest bit uncomfortable it would be Al.

He would make you change therefor.

Sniffing the air, you followed Charlie's scent till she came into view.

"Oh! Hey, Y/N! I almost didn't recognize you." She smiled and walked over to you.

You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly, your gloves still could be found on your hands. "Yeah.. anyway, I finished the pool." You said.