Chapter 48

// The thing I feared most is happening..
I'm losing interest in this book. //

"I need guns, now."

You were kneeling right beside Darius and putting a hand on his shoulder. The male nodded and waved his hand, an assortment of different type of automatic weapons were laid behind you. Mumbling something under your breath you turned around and picked up a sniper.

A soft touch was felt on your arm, you immediately snapped your head over to the person in an almost frightened way.

"Y/N, slow down. I understand that your nervous and fidgety but we're having a hard time going with what you're saying." Al said. His eyes searched yours for any type of emotion. Worry crossed his face to see the deep void of nothingness in your look.

You let out an amused sigh. "No, I don't believe you do understand. Now, please let go of me." Aggravation tainted your voice.

Al seemed taken aback by your response but slowly released you.

Quickly, you turned back to the edge, seeing as many as millions of demons starting a riot. Probably out of pure fun and out of spite from the bomb. You groaned and glanced behind your shoulder.

"Who here knows how to shoot a gun?"

Alastor and Al raised their hands, along with Husk and Angel.

"Come along, young grasshoppers."

You motioned for them to come to the edge, which they did. "Just pick one that best fits your abilities." Wetting you're lips, you aimed the sniper, relaxing your muscles and breathing slow. As you were doing this small routine, everyone took a second to watch you.

Husk narrowed his eyes at your figure, seeing how you would do.

In a one swift movement, you pulled the trigger multiple times, and lined up the bullets perfectly with all of the demons close to the hotel. You emptied the clip and pulled the gun back, reloading it.

Everyone's eyes widened, as they blinked and it was all over. Slowly, the nearby demons fell to the ground.

The cat demon, Husk, couldn't prevent the humongous smile from spreading across his face.

Alastor stared at you with bewilderment, and a rosy tint on his face, his smile closed and eyes full of surprise.

The way your expression flickered with pleasure each time you shot, was all too much for The Radio Demon. Oh, how he missed that carnal gaze. It was too bad that it wasn't directed toward him.