Chapter 42

"Hah...

"Haha..

"Hahaha..

"Hahahaha!

"HAHAHAHA!"

Laughter filled the basement, it made the room grow into a grim state. A tense air, making everyone prickle up in goosebumps.

Your small giggle turned into a laughing fit. Followed by tears rolling down your face, as you stood up.

You were hysterical.

You walked over to the bars, and grabbed them harshly.

"Y/N! Your hands aren't healed!" Evangeline shouted.

Ignoring the pain, you continued to laugh. The hearty laughter followed up the stairs and into the upper level. Where it could be heard by your father.

A ginormous smile was placed on your lips, your canines showing.

Everyone looked at you in shock. Why were you laughing? You never laughed, not once, not ever. Not even with Al. This, is the most you have laughed in your entire afterlife. And somewhat mortal life.

A heavy breath left you and you choked on your laughter and tears, coughing and gagging.

You belted over to the side, and threw up.

Evangeline's eyes widened in concern and she dashed to you, patting your back and getting you to sit down.

You let go of the bars and slid your body to the ground, sitting on your knees.

Footsteps were heard thudding down the stairs, a demon heard the commotion and decided to see what it was all about.

That demon happened to be your father.

"Who is laughing like a mania-" He cut himself off as he saw you, smiling with vomit across your mouth. "Wow. Y/N get up, you need to be cleaned."

Your boss walked over to your cage and unlocked it, grabbing you by the collar of the hospital gown and pulling you out of the cell.

As soon as you got forced out of your cage an emotionless expression covered your face. The immediate silence made everyone's hair rise.

Your father closed the gate and made his way upstairs, dragging you by your arm.

Once you got up the stairs, he turned into a new room. It was a pure white everywhere. With a shiny white table, long enough to fit a body. Cupboards littered most of the walls, a silver sink in between them.

He made you sit on the table, tying your legs together and bonding your hands also. Not that you could use them anyway.

"Your little gift came in today, can't wait to try it on you." Your boss said, looking in the cabinets for a towel. "I've already got you fitted so it'll be perfect."

You blocked out all sound, all communication to the outside world. The memories just replayed again and again in your head, like a broken stereo.

While you were spacing off, your father came up to you, with a tray of tools and a wet towel. A black box, that seemed to be the only colorful thing in the room was sitting right beside you. You hadn't noticed yet.