Chapter 16

"Jambalaya?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alastor quickly pushed you aside and walked into your kitchen, you let out a curse word as you almost toppled over.

Al tilted his head at you in confusion. You growled and waved him off, following Alastor. Once you entered your kitchen you saw Alastor holding a spoon, he dipped it down into the hot pot and brought it back to his mouth. You watched him take a sniff and eat the spoonful.

His red eyes brightened in shock, the spoon almost falling from his hands. Alastor turned to his right to face you, his smile was tense.

Oh, great. Now what?

Alastor cleared his throat and put the spoon down on the counter. "M-my dear, where did you learn to cook this?" He silently cursed himself for stuttering in front of you. You crossed your arms and slouched your shoulders. "Why do you wanna know? Is it not good enough for you?" You remarked in a bitter tone.

Alastor's face twisted like if you had just offended him, which confused you internally. You raised an eyebrow, waiting for his answer.

"Who taught you this recipe?" Alastor said once more, getting impatient.

"Myself."

"Bullshit."

You almost choked at his last response. The Radio Demon cursing? Not possible, he said it himself, "It's not very gentlemanly of me." He would say when thrown the question. You didn't know who cursed less, Charlie or Alastor.

"Is that all you needed, Bambi? To interrogate me?" You scoffed. You pushed Alastor out of your kitchen and into the living room.

You glanced at Al and saw he was standing by the front door, leaning against the wall with his brown hair poking at his eyes. He looked at you in concern. You turned your head back to Alastor and growled, about to give him a final push to the door.

But, he snatched your arm and pulled you close to his face. His eyes shifted into radio dials as his smile widened.

"Answer me, dear." Alastor threatened.

You glared at the deer "And if I don't?"

His grip on your arm tightened, almost making you wince. Voodoo symbols floated around you both in a eerie fashion. "Do you really want to find out?"

Your left ear twitched to a movement, it coming from beside the front door. Al was getting irritated and impatient with Alastor and the way he was treating you.

You stared into Alastor's radio dials with a blank expression. "What is up with you?" You asked with narrowed eyes following into confused ones. "Just tell me."

Alastor's eyes went back into his normal red, he let go of your arm hesitantly.

You walked over to the couch and sat down on it, leaving space for Alastor if he wished to sit next to you. Alastor bit his bottom lip in thought, then followed you to the couch.

He sat down and both of you were in silence for a moment.

You peered your eyes toward Al, getting his attention. You then shifted your eyes between him and the stairs a couple times.

Al got the hint and walked carefully to and up the stairs. He gave you one final look, smiling worriedly at you. You looked at him with kind eyes, something you did every now and then. He always enjoyed those moments.

Al disappeared up the stairs and you looked back at Alastor.

His claws were folded in his lap as he stared at the ground. You gave a big sigh and crossed your arms. You can't just expect that he isn't going to trick you with this new found weakness. Trust issues are a thing.