Chapter 43

// this whole fight right here is basically what happened when you fought your father. You can watch it and see the whole gory fight. You are the wolf and your father is the tiger. By the way... this chapter is going to be vulgar and disturbing.//

Grunting in pain, you hobbled over to the gate and grabbed the bars with your broken hand, Evangeline looked at you with shock.

In one swift movement, you pulled back the cage door and broke the lock in two, suppressing a scream of agony.

"Get the hell out of there, E.." You mumbled to the deer, she hurriedly jumped up and rushed out of the cage.

"Y/N..." Her hands hovered over your face, looking at you with furrowed eyes.

"You are horrifying to look at."

You sighed and shook your head. "Now I know where Alastor gets his bluntness from." Swiveling your head to the side you looked at all the demons that were also trapped in their cell. "Let's get them out of there."

The doe nodded and looked around the room for some keys, she came across them from the pocket of a jacket that was hung on a clothing rack. One by one, you both rapidly unlocked their cages, all of them thanking you both profusely.

"Okay, now does anyone have any special abilities they would like to disclose?" You said, hearing footsteps from upstairs.

Evangeline rubbed the nape of her neck shyly. "I can heal people." You deadpanned at her. Is she serious? This whole time, you could've been recovered and not in absolute agony.

"H-hey, don't get mad at me! Your father forced me not to heal you." She raised her hands defensively.

Shoving your fractured hands forward to her, you stared.

She got the message.

Lifting her own hands, and placed them on top of yours a soft glow of light escaped from her palms. A cooling sensation radiated throughout your body, starting from your fingertips.

She could only fully heal your hands when you heard demons stomping down the top of the staircase. You ripped away from Evangeline and looked at everyone in the room, then turned to the entrance.

"It's a perfect day to die."

You hunched over and dashed up the stairs, you back still stinging from your father.

A fox demon was the first one that saw you, and pointed a gun to you, you jumped up and spiraled in the air, landing on their shoulders.

Unhinging your jaw, your teeth clamped down on their ear and you pulled back, their whole head ripping off their neck.

Blood sprayed around the narrow hall, crimson dribbled down your chin.

A certain doe demon came from behind you, with a cleaver in hand.

Where the hell did she get that from?

She swung the weapon to the next person on the stairs, who had to witness their fox comrade get decapitated. Evangeline has a wide smile, the sadistic and insane.

A whole new person, she was.

You smiled wickedly and jumped off the dead body, to the wall and off it, to a tiger demon. When you landed next to him, he swiped his claws to you but you ducked and swiped your feet under him.

The tiger fell to the bottom of the stairs, where he was mauled by your cell mates.

One after another, you and Evangeline murdered the poor sinners that had been on the staircase. Blood was against the walls in an almost decorative way. Heads rolled down the steps, as well as limbs.

// The Radio Demon's POV - A week earlier //

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING? NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A POWERFUL OVERLORD BUT ALL YOU DID WAS THAT!?! WHY DIDN'T YOU GRAB HIM?! OR STOP HIM?! YOU COULD'VE DONE ANYTHING! ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP Y/N! BUT ALL YOU DID WAS USE THOSE STUPID TENTACLES! NOW, BECAUSE OF YOUR DUMBASS CHOICES THE WOMAN I LOVE THE MOST IS GONE! SHE'S GONE! AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU-" Al, the mortal, me, paused for a second.

"WIPE THAT FUCKING SMILE OFF YOUR FACE! IT'S A DISGRACE TO SEE IT RIGHT NOW!" 

I, The seemingly all powerful Radio Demon was looking at the ground, being screamed at by a human. I didn't have any words, even if I did the male in front of me wouldn't have let me speak. Y/N was just taken. She just was dragged out of the hotel's doors.

And what did I do? 

Approximately nothing.

So, here I am, standing in this empty corridor, smiling measly at the floor. The small willpower to keep the smile on was low, fading and fading fast. I've never felt this guilty all my life, more so than afterlife.

Y/N was like sand slipping through my gloved fingers, while I stand there, with this pitiful smile. A smile I kept for ages, to hide.. what was it again? I could never remember. 

It was almost like a hole, deep down inside me, that only murder could fill. Yet, the hole was bottomless as it was useless. I'd really hoped that Y/N could find the bottom, she did it for mortal me, so..

Can she do it for the real me?

Insecurities always racked my brain, interfering with my choices. Good thing Al was here to say them out loud.

"USELESS! USELESS IS WHAT YOU ARE! WHAT WERE YOU SCARED OF THE DAMN MUTT? IS THAT WHAT STOPPED YOU FROM SAVING Y/N?! OR IS IT THAT YOUR DAMNED EGO GOT THE BETTER OF YOU?! WITH Y/N OUT OF THE PICTURE NOTHING COULD STOP YOU FROM RAMPAGING ALL OVER HELL! IS THAT THE CONCLUSION THAT STOPPED YOU? HUH? IS IT!" 

The human trembled by his own fury, him being livid to an unbearable extent. Al pushed a finger against my chest and looked me dead in the eye with a glare.

"This is all your fault."

I could tell, could see the hurt in his eyes. He truly wanted to cry, to sob, to scream out in emotional pain. He was me, and..

We were empty without you.