Chapter 34

The sound of meat being torn apart was heard from inside the kitchen.

You, biting into a deer leg while Alastor preferred to put it on a plate and eat it with utensils. He sat across from you.

You leaned back from the venison and sighed in delight, blood trailing down your chin. Alastor chuckled at you and said, "You have something there, dear."

He pointed to below his lips to give you a visual of what he meant.

Only you growled and licked your teeth and lips. "So?" You said.

Alastor laughed and took a bite out of the meat. "Hasn't your mother ever told you to not be a messy eater?" He mused.

"My mother is dead."

The Radio Demon choked on his food and thumped his hand against his chest to clear his throat. The male coughed and looked over to you.

"P-pardon?"

You twirled a piece of deer in between your fingers and hummed. "She died. Dead." You looked Alastor in the eye, in a seriousness. "Dead as hell."

The Radio Demon smiled nervously and nodded slowly. "So.. is she here?" He asked.

You wanted to laugh, burst out laughing but you held it in and put on a plain face.

"Nah, pretty sure that woman is in Heaven." You stared at the table. "Or in the void."

Alastor tilted his head at your response. "Void?"

"Yes, void. I don't know but I think it's where the people who have died when they were either in Heaven or Hell go."

You sighed dramatically. "Or I just may be talking out of my ass now that Al is gone."

Alastor rolled his eyes at you. "What in the world is so special about that human?" He asked.

Your eyes narrowed at Alastor. How dare he ask that? Despite feeling childish at the moment, without Al to make you go back into adult mode, you stood up out of your chair and pointed a finger at Alastor.

"I'll have you know that I trust that precious soul with my life, and afterlife. I would kill for that man, commit suicide, be tortured, just to ensure his safety.

"After all the shit load of murders and felonies I've done he still cares for me. Why? Because he's done a shit load of murders and felonies too!

"He's crazy, psychotic, and somewhat depressed! But he makes sure that my happiness comes before his own! I protect him, he makes me happy!

"YES, I'VE SAID IT! HAPPY! HE MADE ME SMILE! LAUGH! EVERYTHING!

"AND WHAT DO I DO? GET INTO A FUCKING FIGHT WITH HIM! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I DID BUT IT MUST BE PRETTY BAD FOR HIM TO HAVE STABBED ME!

"HE LOVES ME! THAT HUMAN, THAT GENTLE SOUL, THAT POOR MAN, HE FUCKING LOVES ME!"

By now, you were gasping for air from speaking too fast and too loud. Hot tears flowed down your face.

"And, I never said it back.. I never told him I loved him.. how could I? He's going to die.. I'm just to much of a coward to live with the regret.."

You slumped back in your chair and held your face in your hands, sobbing.

You broke down, you couldn't take it anymore. It had only been a day. A goddamn day.

You didn't realize how much you actually needed Al.

"I would live with it either way.. I can't prevent it.. you can't change the future.." You said softly.

Alastor sat there, stunned.