dos.

"Oscar, I already told you, I don't need a ride." I said to him, crossing my arms, trying to seem like more of an adult than I actually was.

"Too bad princesa, get in. I'm not letting you walk across town by yourself." He said stubbornly. If it were anybody else he wouldn't give a damn, and I knew that. Oscar had always had a soft spot for me.

"It's not late, the sun is still out, nothing bad will happen to me. And if you're really so worried about me, I'll walk with cesar." I argued. I was going to walk to my house to switch out my clothes and get more stuff I needed. I was spending as little time at home as I could which meant that I was literally living at Cesar's house.

"Reyna, just get in the car. I'm not letting you walk." He said, and I knew there was no point in arguing with him. I sighed and got into the car. He didn't even have to ask for my moms address, he already knew exactly where to go. I just looked out the window but I could feel oscar's eyes all over me. I knew that it was becuase of what I was wearing, although the only revealing thing about my outfit was my top. I was wearing a see through crop top with only a bra on underneath.

"You shouldn't wear stuff like that." He said, looking back out at the road.

"And why is that?" I asked him, slightly annoyed. He wasn't my dad or my boyfriend, he had no right to tell me what to wear, but I would never say something like that to him. Not becuase I was scared of him, but becuase I knew he would bring up that fact that, no, he wasnt my dad, but he practically raised me. And he wasn't my boyfriend, but he could be if I wanted him to.

"Someone's gonna get the wrong idea about you." He simply said.

"I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about me." I snapped at him, I wasnt angry at him, but more so angry at the idea that I couldnt wear what I wanted without people thinking things about me that weren't true.

"It's not about what they think about you, but about what they do to you when they see what they like." He pointed out. I instantly wanted to cover my entire body so that no one could ever see it again.

"Are you saying that if I wear this I'm giving people the right to rape me?" I asked him angrily.

"Calm down hermosa. That's not what I'm saying. But that's how some people see it. They'll say if you wear something like that you'll get what you deserve." He said.

"Well I wont have to worry about that, becuase you wont let me out of your fucking sight." I replied angrily. Maybe he was worried about me, but he had no right to be. He didnt give me a chance to be in any kind of danger. He liked to have an eye on me at all times, and if he couldn't personally watch me he would have one of his little santo bitches watching over me. I caught them watching me all the time. There was always someone who had an eye on me, no matter what I was doing, so I had every right to be angry at oscar for telling me what I shouldn't wear and how things arent safe.

"I do it for your own protection my hermosa amor." He said calmly. It annoyed me how he could always stay calm with me. No matter what. I could trash his whole house and spit in his face and he wouldn't dare raise his voice at me. He treated me so differently than he treated everyone else and got on my nerves. I also hated how he spoke to me in spanish, he knew it was my weak spot. I would get weak in the knees when he talked to me in spanish.

"Don't call me beautiful, and I'm not your love." I said, getting angrier by the minute.

"solo déjame en paz y conduce." I said to him. I wouldn't know any spanish if it wasn't for him, Cesar, and all the santo bitches, as I call them. My mom wasn't present enough to teach me spanish, so I learned it at the diaz house.

"We're here. Take your time, I need to make a phone call." He said, pulling in front of my moms house.

"You dont have to wait for me, I can walk." I knew he wouldnt go for it, he would never let me walk. I could have asked to walk through the safest neighborhood in town and he wouldnt say yes. He never wanted me walking alone, which is exactly why I did it when I was angry at him. Luckily for him I wasnt at that point yet, so I let him wait for me. I knew that when he said I could take my time he really meant it, but I was still going to get in and out as quickly as I could, not for him, but for me. I wanted to leave already and I wasnt even in the house yet.

°°°

"You hungry?" Oscar asked me. We had just gotten home from my moms house. I set my bag down when we walked in, knowing I would take it to Cesar's room soon enough.

"Dont pretend you dont know the answer to that." I laughed.

"Go sit down princesa, I'll have your favorite ready in a few minutes." He said, turning to the fridge to get the stuff to make me dinner. I already knew what he was making. I walked to the living room and plopped down on the couch, trying to stay awake. For some reason I was exhausted. Before I knew it oscar brought out a coral colored plate with a cheese quesadilla on it.

"If you need anything else let me know, I'm going to go shower. And if you want to join me don't hesitate." He winked before leaving. I hated myself for thinking about it.

°°°