veintinueve

I woke up in a pool of my own sweat, it was better than blood I guess. I had just come out of a nightmare and I was still struggling to breathe. I dreamt that the prophets came back and killed everyone I loved in front of me, and then they killed me. Before I knew it I was hyperventilating and crying.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Oscar asked.

"I had a nightmare." I finally said. He sat up and held me.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay. Cesar is fine. He'll be out of the hospital in a few days, everything's going to be okay." He reassured me. I tried to slow my breathing. He was right, Cesar was going to be just fine, we all were. He rubbed my back  and I just tried to focus on the way his fingers felt on my back. Cesar was okay. He wasn't going to die, at least not from his wound. He made it out of surgery and was doing really well. They had to give him a donor's blood because of how much he had lost. He was going to be in the hospital for a few days to recover, the doctors said he would make a full recovery.

"What if they come back and finish the job?" I asked him, worried. I rested my head on his shoulder, I was worried but he always somehow made me feel better.

"We'll take care if." He said. I knew when he 'we' he meant him and the rest of the gang.

"What if I want to do it?" I asked, playing the end of the blanket we were laying under. He turned to look at me.

"Are you being serious?" He asked.

"Why wouldn't I be being serious? They've fucked with the two people I love most in the world. I'm angry." I said, explaining my reasoning. He smiled.

"You'll be there then." I was surprised. Was he really going to let me come with? He never let me do anything even semi dangerous.

"Are you being serious?" I asked him in disbelief.

"We'll do a drive by, you'll have a gun too. Do you still remember how to shoot?" He asked me. I still couldn't believe he was really going to let me be a part of all of it. I nodded my head yes. I was always really good at aiming, I never missed. I told myself that even though I knew how to do it I would never shoot anyone, no matter what. But shit had changed.

°°°

"I wanna see Cesar." I said, messing with my food. I couldn't eat my breakfast.

"Visiting hours start in forty minutes. Just eat something, I know how you get when you're hungry." Oscar said, resting his hands on the counter and watching me. I took a bite while I looked at him so that maybe he would let it go. I wasn't in the mood to eat. I just rolled my eyes.

"I can't do this." I said, setting down my spoon.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Eat. I feel too anxious." I answered. My leg started bouncing again.

"Just a few more bites, you don't want to get hungry when we visit him." He said. It was a stupid little thing but he was right. I would always get in the worst mood when I was hungry and Cesar didn't need that. I took a few more bites and Oscar nodded his head, giving me the okay to go get ready. I got up and went to the bathroom to shower quick and then change into some clothes. I slipped into a tank top and some sweatpants and walked out into the kitchen. Oscar looked up from his phone when I walked in.

"How do you manage to look good in anything you wear?" He said, looking me up and down. He set his phone on the counter and pulled me close. "I just talked to the guys, we'll do the drive by when Cesar is better I'm sure he'll want to come. But don't say anything about it when we go visit him."

I nodded my head. I was glad that Oscar took me seriously when I said what I said. And I was also glad that he was actually putting it together and making it happen. I hugged him. I was finally going to get justice.

°°°

"You look good." I said, sitting on the bed next to Cesar. Oscar sat down in the chair next to the bed. Cesar smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing better. I just can't wait to get the hell out of here." He said, chuckling a little. I could tell that it was forced, but I didnt blame him. I still hadn't genuinely laughed since the other night when Cesar had gotten shot.

"I feel that, hospitals fucking suck." I said, Oscar laughed and I was confused, I looked behind me to see a nurse that had been there when I said that. "Uhh, no offense."

The nurse just nodded his head and just left. I let out a little laugh, but it still didn't feel real. I was afraid that I could never actually be happy again. Yeah, I was happy with Oscar but in the back of my head I would always be worried and that would never change, not until the day I died.

"Also I can't wait for you to get out of here because I miss you at the house." I said, it was true. I didn't even notice how much I loved Cesar until he was gone and I desperately needed him back.

°°°

BANG BANG BANG that's finna be them n the gang when they roll up on the prophets🔫☠