cinco.

"What are you doing tonight?" Oscar asked me. I was sitting on the kitchen counter and he stood between my legs, hands on the counter on each side of me.

"Well." I started, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer to me. "I have no idea what they'll all be doing, but I'd rather stay here with you. What are you doing tonight?"

"You should go with your friends tonight. They're going to think something's up if you stop hanging out with them." He never answered my question.

"Something is up." I responded.

"Do you want them to know that hermosa?" He asked. It wasn't a real question, he knew the answer as well as I did. They couldn't know. Not until I was 18 at least. I nestled my face into his neck.

"I hate this." I said into his skin.

"I know, but we don't have a choice." He said, running his fingers along my back.

"I don't want to go to Brentwood!" Monse exclaimed. When did they come in? I didn't even hear the door open. I pushed oscar off of me and jumped off the counter.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" I asked as they walked into the kitchen.

"Reyna, where have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you!" Ruby said.

"Well obviously you guys haven't been looking very hard. I've been here the whole time." I answered. It wasn't true. Well, it was but not in the way they would think. Even if they were looking for me at the diaz house they wouldn't have found me. I was in Oscar's room all morning. I was sure that would have been the last place they would have thought to look for me.

"So, are you coming with us tonight?" Cesar asked. For some reason my stupid ass looked back at Oscar, he looked away quickly trying not to make things obvious.

"What are you guys going to do tonight?" I asked.

"Jamal is set on Brentwood." Cesar answered.

"Ugh, I hate Brentwood." I responded.

"What are you talking about? You love Brentwood. You ask Oscar to take you about fifty times a week." Monse pointed out. Shit. I was caught in my lie. It was the first excuse that came to my mind.

"Yeah, normally it's great. But holloween night is the worst time. I guarantee you'll bump into at least one dumbass white boy dressed up as a cholo." I said trying to cover my ass.

"You were asking to go last holloween though." Monse said getting skeptical.

"Yeah but then I saw a bunch of stuff on instagram and it completely turned me off from the whole town on holloween. You guys go have fun without me. Besides, I'm on my period and my costume was white, those two things dont mix. I've been getting really bad cramps all day, I think I should just stay home and relax tonight." All of the guys faces turned into disgust. Typical. Hopefully this excuse was good enough.

"Okay. Text us if you need anything then. Hope you have fun." Monse said and gave me a quick side hug before they all quickly left.

"I didn't know you weren't feeling good." Oscar said after they were all gone.

"No, I'm fine...so my acting was good then?" I asked him laughing. My period had ended two weeks earlier, but it was a good excuse. Unless one of them was keeping track of my cycle.

"You know you could have gone with them right?" He asked me. I could tell he wanted me to still spend time with them. Maybe he thought I was getting tired of hanging out with him, he'd be dead wrong if that's what he thought. I had big plans for us for later that night.

°°°

°°°

CESAR'S POV:

If I wasn't skeptical before, I definitely was now. Reyna loved Brentwood, no matter what time of year. And I had never heard her use her period as an excuse in my entire life. Her and Oscar had been home alone together a lot and I didn't trust Oscar. As much as I loved him because he was my brother, I also knew how much he wanted her.

He had been hitting on her since he had gotten home. And now that I think about it she had looked at him when I asked if she was coming with us. Why would she look at him at that point? Like she was asking permission. Maybe he was scaring her into doing something. I wasnt sure what was going on but I knew whatever it was it couldnt be good. I couldn't ask her about it, he had probably threatened her not to tell me about whatever was going on.

I couldn't ask him about it, it's not like he would tell me what was going on. I wasn't going to bring it up to Monse, she'd go barging in threading him and all of the Santos and nothing good could come of that. I couldn't talk to Jamal about it, he had the biggest mouth of anyone I knew, he'd say something at the wrong time, and the wrong place and ruin everything. Olivia would be no help, she sees the best in everybody and wouldn't believe it for a second.

And that left Ruby. Something told me I shouldn't confide in Ruby. He'd probably talk me out of thinking what I was thinking. He'd come up with something more logical and make me feel dumb. So that left one option, figure shit out for myself. I didn't know how I was going to do that, or what I would do, but I needed to do something and fast. I couldn't let anything happen to Reyna.

°°°

Y'all shit just might go down. How'd you like the different point of view? I thought it was necessary for I'm planning (i honestly dont know what going to happen with Cesar and his plan but i know it will be crazy so get some popcorn for these next few chapters) i was going to do the pov in Monse's pov becuase that bitch always thinks something's going on, but i think I'll wait for her pov...