ocho.

"You look...good." Was the first thing any of them said to me when they got to the house from Brentwood. It was Ruby.

"Thanks! I felt better after you guys left and decided to have some fun last minute." I smiled widely at all of them.

"What kind of fun?" Cesar asked, looking skeptical. Fuck, they're onto me.

"Well, there's a Santos party so I just figured I'd get dressed up and hangout." I admitted. It was mostly true.

"Where's oscar?" I asked them. They had all come in without him and I just wanted to see my man. I missed that sexy fool.

"I don't know, he's doing something outside. Why? Do you need him?" Monse asked. Great. Now Monse is getting skeptical.

"Um, yeah. I was just going to tell him we need more bread hahaha." I lied and then awkwardly laughed. Great. If they didn't suspect anything earlier they definitely do now.

"Ahh." Was all Monse said. I knew she didn't believe me, meaning oscar and I would have to be extra sneaky from then on. They all disappeared to their houses to shower, because for some reason they were covered in eggs. What did I say? Don't go to Brentwood. It may have been an excuse but I was still right.

"Where are you going?" Cesar asked me. Fuck, I totally forgot. I cant just walk to Oscar's room in front of him.

"To the bathroom, I have to pee. Are you going to go out to the party?" I asked him.

"Not so sure if I'm feeling it tonight." He answered. Great. That meant he'd be all up in my ass all night. Not literally of course, but you know what I mean. It would be a lot easier to sneak around with oscar if Cesar was in the backyard drinking with the cholo bitches.

"Nobody's ever 'feeling it' before they get out there. Plus that's more of a reason to go have fun. Don't go to bed upset over whatever happened to you guys tonight." I put my hand on his shoulder and tried to convince him to get the fuck out of the house, even if he was just in the backyard.

"Reyna, I'm literally covered in eggs. I'll be able to go to a million more Santos parties, what makes this one special?" He asked me. He had a really good point. If I were him my first concern would be getting the egg off of me.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry." I apologized.

"Are you okay Reyna?" He asked me, getting way too serious all of a sudden.

"Of course I am little spooky, why wouldn't I be?" I asked him confused.

"You've been acting weird lately. If anything was going on you'd tell me, right?" He asked me getting all weird.

"Of course I would. Forever and always." I answered.

"Pinky promise you're okay?" He held out his pinky. If I did pinky promise him it wouldn't be a lie. I was just fine, if anything I was much better than just fine. I was the happiest I had ever been. Maybe I was a little jumpy, but who wouldn't be in my situation? I held my pinky out and intertwined it with his.

"I pinky promise." I smiled at him, trying to further show him I was just fine. He nodded his head, content, and then went off to shower. God that was weird. But then a problem arised. Where the fuck was I supposed to sleep? The obvious answer was Cesar's bed but that somehow felt weird now. I wanted to sleep with oscar but I couldnt think of a good reason for me not to sleep in Cesar's room. But then I came up with the PERFECT excuse not to sleep in his room.

°°°

"What do you mean you're not sleeping in here tonight?" Cesar asked.

"Think about. You and Monse are very clearly a thing, you know I know about that. It wouldn't be right for me to sleep in your bed, I mean, just think about Monse." I explained. No offense, but I didnt give two fucks about Monse's feelings, it was just the best that I could come up with.

"You're like a sister to me. She knows that." He said.

"She may say that, but I'm a girl. You can't imagine how she's truly feeling about it. She'll never tell you but I bet it upsets her." I said gently.

"Then where will you sleep?" He asked.

"Probably the couch, it's way comfier than it looks. Honest."

"Okay. But if you change your mind you know my room is always open for you." He said before going into his room. It was too easy. He ate that shit up like candy.

°°°

CESAR'S POV

If I wasn't convinced before I definitely was now. She was acting weirder everyday. She would be concerned with where Oscar was and now she didn't want to sleep in my room? I had to do something and quick. I needed my best friend back. She was obviously too scared to come to me about whatever was going on and I felt bad for her.

°°°