veintiuno

I stepped into Oscar's room to see him laying in his bed. I started crying instantly. I thought I was out of tears but apparently I wasnt. I could feel my tears hit the tops of my feet, I was so happy to see him again. I slowly walked over to him, not wanting to wake him up. I just looked at him for a few seconds before climbing into bed next to him. I pulled back the covers to lay next to him and saw he had cloth wrapped around his stomach.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"Reyna?" He asked. Shit. I had woken him up.

"Yeah..." I whispered. "How do you feel?"

"Like shit." He replied, slowly opening his eyes. I cried harder than ever. He was alive. He was going to be okay.

"Oscar I'm so fucking sorry. It should've been me." I cried out.

"Don't say that. Look at me, obviously I can take a bullet. I'll be fine. I might not be able to keep up with your feisty ass for a while, but I'll be okay." He said, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"Why don't you hate me?" I asked confused.

"Life's too short to hate the person you love. Besides, I could never hate you. It might be the drugs talking, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you Reyna." He smiled at me. He was high. The gang probably had him doped up on every drug they could find to make him feel better. What if his words were just the high talking? What if he still hated me? I layed down next to him and snuggled into his good side.

At least he was still alive. Maybe he would hate me when it all wore off but for now I had him, he was all mine. Things were better than ever. Cesar knew about our relationship, Oscar still loved me and he was alive. I was happy.

°°°

"I love you." I said kissing Oscar before leaving for school the next day. All the members of the gang were taking turns checking on him, so I knew he would be in good hands.

"I love you more, hermosa." He replied before i left his bedroom.

"Are you ready?" Cesar asked me, i nodded. I didnt want to leave Oscar. I wanted to lay with him all day, telling him stupid stories to try to make him feel better. After some research I had done I found out it would take him anywhere from 3-6 months for him to recover. I knew Oscar would be better as soon as he possibly could, he wasnt the type to be "wounded", not for long at least. He didnt want people looking after him. He also hated staying off the streets. I didnt want to go to school, I knew I would be worrying about him all day. Maybe I could get sad eyes to pick me up and take me home quick during lunch.

"He's going to be fine." Cesar said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I really hope so." I responded. We were almost to school.

"He's already doing so much better, you should have seen him when we first brought him to the house..." Cesar said, he looked a little shaken up as if he was getting flashbacks.

"I couldn't, no one would let me. By the way, do you know how fucked up that is? The love of my life was about to die and you guys wouldn't even let me see him?" I went off a little.

"You would have just stressed him out, besides, none of us knew he was the love of your life Reyna. In fact, I'm still the only one who knows." He pointed out.

"Well you all still knew how close Oscar and I are. That's kind of fucked up if you ask me." I crossed my arms.

"Are you actually mad we didn't let you see him as we were taking a bullet out of his stomach? The same bullet that was there becuase of you? That's what you're mad about?" Cesar asked, starting to get angry.

"You know what? Fuck you!" I shouted at him walking away from him as fast as I could. He knew how guilty i felt about the whole situation, how could he just throw that in my face?

"No! Fuck you Reyna! You're being selfish as fuck right now. I saved your god damn life and you never said thank you. We all saved Oscar's life and you're still mad we kept you out of the room. I mean what the hell do you want?! I hate to break it to you but the whole world doesn't revolve around you!" He yelled at my back. He was right. Every word he spoke was spot on and that's why it hurt so bad for him to say it to me.

"Thank you Cesar for sparing my life! Is that what you fucking want from me?! You're so amazing! Thank you for shoving me onto the ground when most likely they wouldn't have shot my ass anyways. That's what you want?! You want everyone to be thankful for every little thing you do?!" I asked. I was going too far. I knew he was right and I was wrong.

"Are you fucking kidding me? This whole situation was your fault. And me saving your life isnt a little thing. Maybe they should have shot your ass, I would have." He said before turning around and leaving. I didn't know where he was going and I didnt care. I forced myself to go to school. The whole day was torture, i couldnt focus on anything. I was angry, sad, angry, and I missed Oscar, and did I mention I was angry? Fuck cesar for real. Everyone talks shit about Oscar but clearly Cesar is the toxic Diaz brother.

°°°°

I had to put some drama in, it couldnt be all happy shit but I hope you're happy. Yes, oscar will be okay!!! I would never kill him off you crazies. <3