treinta y dos

"How do you feel?" I asked Cesar. He had probably gotten that question a million times in the past few days. We were on the way back to the house, Oscar and Cesar were in the front and I was in the back talking to Cesar. I was so happy that we were finally taking him home. It was unbelievable how much I missed him. When we got to the house I got all shakey with excitement.

"Why are you acting so weird?" Cesar asked, laughing.

"I'm just happy you're home." I smiled. I really hoped he liked the little party we had put together for him. The three of us walked into the house and I looked around, making sure no one had fucked shit up while we were gone.

"Welcome home Cesar." I said, pulling him into a hug. He smiled.

"All this for me?" He asked.

"Of course, we all really missed you around here. Shit just wasn't the same." I responded.

"Pizza's on it's way." Jamal informed me.

"I still don't think we should have gotten pizza for tonight, but whatever." Ruby said. As always because Ruby hadn't planned it, it wasn't good enough. I loved him so much, but sometimes I wanted to strangle him.

"Ruby can you do me a favor and shut up please?" I said with my teeth gritted. He put his hands up in defeat and walked over to the couch.

"Cesar, I missed you." Sad eyes said, dapping him up and pulling him into a quick hug. We all ended up in the living room, smoking drinking, eating, and talking. It was nice, I missed living like this, but I couldn't wait for everyone to leave so we could talk about the drive by. I was far too eager to shoot their asses.

°°°

"Get home safe." I said to Jamal, hugging him goodbye. He was the last person to leave the house and as much as I loved my friends I was glad they were leaving. I shut the door behind Jamal and turned around to look at everyone in the living room. I still had to pretend that Oscar and I weren't together because Cesar was the only one there who knew about us. I sat down next to Cesar, a big part of me didn't want to let Cesar out of my sight, I was even considering sleeping in his room again. Oscar explained the to Cesar and he nodded.

"I'm in." He quickly said. I was shocked, happy, but shocked.

"You are?" I asked, hoping he wasn't just fucking with us.

"Are you kidding? After all they've put us through, you're damn right I'm in." He looked like he was getting angry, not at any of us, but at the prophets. As much as I wanted to take them out, it made me sad that Cesar was slowly turning into his brother. I still had hope for him though, I knew one day Cesar would get the fuck out of the gang life one day. Cesar had so much potential, I just knew he would do something better with his life. I nodded my head at what he had said.

"You good, Reyna?" Oscar asked me.

"Yeah, just thinking." I didn't look up, I just kept thinking about how unfair this was to Cesar. Not this exact situation, but just life. I told myself that I would help Cesar get out of Freeridge, even if I stayed behind. Cesar was smart and he had so much potential, everyone saw it.

"You sure you're good?" Oscar asked. I finally looked up.

"Yeah, just eager you know." I said. It was true. I wanted to hurt them the way they had hurt me, the way they had hurt Oscar, and sadly the way they had hurt Cesar. It wasn't that I cared more about Cesar, it was just that Oscar seemed so accustomed to the life, like it was made for him. Oscar was the leader for a reason. Cesar on the other hand was just different. Like maybe he didn't belong, I mean, it's not like he chose the life.

"Soon, hermanita, soon." Oscar said, taking a drink. I grabbed a bottle and chugged it. I didn't want to be sober anymore, not until the prophets were taken care of. I wasn't usually the type to like violence, but after all they had put me through I was so convinced they deserved it.

"I'm going to go to bed." I said, getting up. Oscar just nodded his head. I was honestly starting to get bored, none of the details interested me, just as long as I was there when it happened I was fine with whatever their plan was. I was about to go to Oscar's room when I decided against it. I hadn't slept in Cesar's room in forever and I figured that night was a good night to do it again.

I changed into an oversized shirt and climbed into Cesar's bed, getting comfy and easily falling asleep. Maybe it was easier to sleep because both Oscar and Cesar were under the same roof as me. They were healthy and safe. I dozed off and dreamt of the drive by. It felt so good to shoot them and watch them fall in front of me, even if we didn't kill any of them I still wanted to hurt them. I wanted to hurt them the way they had hurt the two people I loved most in the world.

°°°°

This chapter is so boring, I'm sorry. I have ideas though, dont even worry about it. Drama is on the way👀