Dieciocho

"We have to go. Now." I said, starting to panick.

"What?" Cesar asked, still very confused.

"Now! We have to go." I yelled, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of his room, he just followed me, still confused. I held onto his hand tightly as we ran to the block the prophets lived on. I had a really bad feeling. When we finally got there Oscar and a handful of the Santos were beating Tyrone's ass.

"Stop!" I screamed. Oscar stopped and looked at me, he just shook his head.

"Leave." Was all he said.

"I'm not going anywhere without you. You guys need to chill out." I stood there with my arms firmly crossed.

"I'm not leaving until I'm finished." Oscar said, turning back to Tyrone and continuing. All of this over me? Over some stupid little kiss? I knew what Oscar meant by 'finished' and I wasn't just going to stand by and watch. I ran over to them and pulled Oscar off of Tyrone, Oscar looked at me annoyed.

"Stop it! Let's just go home." I said out of breath.

"I already told you, I'm not going anywhere." He said, turning around. I felt hopeless. There was nothing I could do anymore. Oscar was easily one hundred pounds heavier than I was, if he didnt want to leave there was no way I could force him. I turned around and started crying. I was shaking.

"We should just go home." Cesar said wrapping his arm around me.

"You don't understand. All of this is because of me." I cried.

"What do you mean?" He asked me. I wished that he could just put it together and figure it out himself. I started to explain when Cesar pushed me onto the ground as hard as he could and got on top of me.

"Cesar what the-" I started, he covered my mouth with his hand. We were tucked into a spot where no one could see us, my heart was racing.

"The rest of the prophets came out, they all have guns." He whispered into my ear. The tears fell down my face faster. I knew we wouldnt get out of this without at least one death, I also knew the santos always had their guns on them, they didn't go anywhere without them in case something like this happened. I heard them yelling back and forth for a minute and that's when I heard the gunshot. We were close enough that it made my ear ring.

It hurt. I layed my head against the ground and shoved my fingers in my ears, but it didnt help much. Cesar grabbed my arm and we ran the opposite way, not looking back. Part of me wanted to look back and see who, if anyone, had gotten shot. The other part of me didnt want to know. I wanted to know if it was what I feared. Maybe this time I had lost Oscar for real this time. Adrenaline took over my body and I ran faster than I had ever run. When we finally got to the Diaz house I was out of breath, I felt like I had been running for years. I collapsed onto the couch and held onto my chest, my lungs were on fire.

"Explain everything." Cesar said. I was surprised he wasn't as winded as I was, and then I remembered Cesar was used to running from shit, especially ever since he had gotten jumped into the gang.

"Give...me....one...second..." I said gasping for air. There was no way I could fully go into it and tell him everything when I could barely breathe. Cesar looked out the window and looked visibly worried.

"They're here." He said panicked. My mind instantly went to the prophets. I thought maybe they had come here to take us out. Fuck. How could I have started all of this? It was all my fault.

"Who's here?" I asked, still very out of breath. It felt like someone had set my lungs on fire.

"The Santos." Cesar said. He clearly saw something that he didnt want me to see.

"You need to go." He said quickly, and grabbed me from the couch, literally dragging me into his room.

"What? Why?" I asked confused. After what I had just witnessed what could be so bad that I couldnt see? Especially since I had grown up around this shit. He shoved me violently into his room and slammed the door shut.

"Do not leave this room no matter what." Was the last thing Cesar said to me before he left. I was shaking like crazy, it had to have been something very bad, there was no other explanation. I put my head in my hands and began to sob, wondering what I had caused. Whatever had happened was becuase of me, and no one else. It was all my fault. Maybe it was a good sign that they came back to the house, I mean, if it was so bad they would have went to the hospital, right?

Wrong. They avoided the hospital at all costs, especially when their injuries were gang related. Even if they were near death they would probably come back to the house. I had seen my fair share of some fucked up gang related injuries. So why wasn't Cesar letting me see this one? In fact, I had helped clean them up before. I could recall a time when I was stitching up one of the guys becuase some fucked up shit had gone down.

This had to be really bad, otherwise Cesar would have had me help. And that's when I made a huge mistake, I cracked the door open and looked out and what I saw was something I will never forget. I collapsed onto the floor and began sobbing, I couldnt believe that I had been the one that had caused what I was witnessing.

°°°

YALL shit really went down. ((: hope you enjoyed where I went with this