treinta y cuatro

"I'm just going on a walk, I'll be fine." I reassured Cesar. "The sun is still out...but don't tell your brother."

"If it's not a big deal then why can't I tell Oscar?" Cesar asked. I was annoyed. Was it too much to ask to go on a walk? I just needed to get out and get some fresh air.

"Because, you know how he is. He'll just worry about me the whole time I'm gone, I don't need him worrying about me, he has enough going on." I explained, hoping that he would just let me have a few minutes to myself.

"Fine. You have one hour, but if you're back any later I'm telling Oscar." Fucking snitch.

"Mmk, love you bitch." I said, spinning on my heels and leaving the house with excitement. I hopped down the front steps and practically skipped down the pavement. Sometimes a bitch needs her own space, plus I obviously had a lot of shit on my mind to think about. I was starting to have second thoughts about the drive by plan.

"Where are you going?" I heard Oscar's voice behind me. Great. I didn't even notice that he had been working on his car.

"On a walk." I smiled innocently at him. He worried too much about me, I didn't need him to think something was up when it wasn't.

"I've never seen you walk in your life." He laughed like I was crazy.

"I've been stressed, I just need to get away for a few minutes and think." I explained.

"Alright, but there's something by the house I need to show you." He said. I was so confused, but of course I followed him. He looked around to make sure no one could see us and when he was sure he pulled me close to him and kissed me. "Please be careful."

I nodded my head and leaned in kissing him again. He smiled.

"I'll be home soon." I said, before turning and leaving. And I meant it, it would just be a short walk to think things over. I would be home before the sun set. As I walked I let my mind wonder. What we were going to do went against everything I stood for. Even though I had been brought up around the gang life I never liked the violence. At first it scared me but after a while I got used to it. After a while it just got sad, not scary. I've seen too much for my age, and it wasn't something I was proud of.

The longer I thought about it the more I decided that they didn't deserve it. We were all human, yeah they had made a few mistakes but everyone does. It wasn't there fault, most of them probably didn't choose that lifestyle. I pitied them. I didn't want to hurt then the way they had hurt me, Oscar, and Cesar. I would be a huge hypocrite if that was how I thought. It would be hard to convince Oscar, Cesar and the rest of the gang though. How the fuck was I supposed to do that? Cesar would probably be the easiest to convince, but the rest of them? Goodluck to me.

"Hey, ma!" Latrell yelled at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you know what block you're on dumbass?" I asked him. Just because I was going to spare his life didn't mean I had to be nice to him.

"How's you man doing? Probably not so good after I popped a cap in his ass." He responded, ignoring my question. He must not have seen Oscar up and running the streets again, that really surprised me. Were they all that dumb? How had no one told them Oscar was okay?

"He's actually dead, so thanks for that. You missed the funeral." I joked. I just rolled my eyes at them and kept walking, I was slowly getting tired of Latrelle's bullshit. I hadn't seen Tyrone in a minute, but I assumed he was staying away from me so that he didn't actually end up dead.

"How you been though, mamas?" Latrelle asked. I scoffed.

"And you care...why?" I asked sarcastically.

"Why is it that everytime I talk to you you're all pissed off?" He asked. I just laughed as if what he had said was funny, in a way it was.

"Maybe I don't want to talk to you." I said, as if it was obvious. It should have been obvious.

"Is it that? Or is it that your mans doesn't want you talking to me?" He asked.

"I do what I want. If I wanted to talk to you and your dumbass friends I would make it happen." I said crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"It seems like you wanna talk to us because that's what you're doing right now, instead of fixing up your mans." He smirked. Dumbass though Oscar was still injured? Mmk.

"Honestly I don't feel like I have a choice, what if you shoot me." I joked. He looked me dead in the eyes as he pulled his gun out and cocked it.

"That might not be a bad idea."

°°°

Oh shit y'all I've got plans