Veintidós

I climbed the steps to the Diaz house. I had realized on the walk home that the fight between Cesar and I was stupid. I was still pissed about everything he had said but I didn't want to lose him as a friend over words. When I got inside the house I went straight to Cesar's room. I wanted to go check on Oscar, but I didnt want to see Oscar until I had resolved shit with Cesar. I had to be in a good mood when I saw Oscar again, and I wouldn't be in a good mood until shit with Cesar got straightened out. I knocked softly on his door.

"Come in, Reyna." He said. I was shocked.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked him.

"You always knock the softest. It's one of the things I like about you." He answered.

"You're not pissed at me?" I asked him, getting even more confused.

"You're clearly not pissed at me, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Besides, so many fucked up things have happened lately, I'd be stupid to lose you over a dumbass argument, you're family Reyna. We both said some fucked up shit, but at the end of the day I still love you." He replied. It warmed my heart. I walked over to him and hugged him.

"I love you too Cesar. Thank you for everything." I said as he hugged me back.

"That's what family's for." He replied. I was happy again. All was well. I nodded my head before heading to Oscar's room. I stopped when I saw someone in the kitchen, at first I thought it was just one of the Santos but I knew that body all to well.

"Oscar, you're up." I said surprised. If I had just been shot the day before I would not be up and walking around, but Oscar was much stronger than I was.

"I gotta get myself going again, the streets need me." He answered.

"Please tell me you're not going back out yet." I said, instantly worrying. Oscar wasn't strong enough yet to go out again. He needed so much more time to heal. I would stay by his side 24/7 if I had to make sure he was keeping himself healthy.

"Not yet, but soon. I can't wait to bust a cap in one of their asses, and they won't be as lucky as I am. One of those son of bitches needs to end up in the ground." He answered, holding his gun and looking at it. I just shook my head. As if shit wasn't bad enough he really wanted to go kill a prophet. I understood where he was coming from, but it wouldnt make anything better, things would only get worse if he killed one of them.

"You can't actually think that's a good idea. I know you're smart Oscar. Think about it, and I mean really think about it." I said, pleading with him to be smarter about the whole situation. If he killed one of them they would only come back harder and next time Oscar wouldnt be so lucky, he would be dead. I couldn't have that happening.

"What do you expect me to do? They tried to kill me. If I don't do anything about it they'll think they could do it again, and next time they'll try harder. I'm doing this for us." He set the gun down and looked at me.

"Three months. In three months you'll be better. Just think about what you want to do, think about it for me. Dont act out because of what happened yesterday. This shit is still fresh, you need to really think about what you're going to do because I swear to god Oscar I cannot lose you." My lip quivered and I started to cry. He came close and very carefully pulled me into a hug. I didn't hug him back because I didn't want to hurt him, I layed my head on his chest and let some of my tears fall.

I was angry at myself for taking advantage of all the times we had hugged and I had gotten to squeeze him. All the times that I could sit on his lap, or be rough with him. I never appreciated what we had. Of course I was always happy with him, but I didn't appreciate it enough. I should have held onto him tighter and savored every little moment.

"Yesterday I thought I lost you. I don't ever want to feel that again." I cried.

"I don't want you to feel that again either. You mean everything to me." He replied, rubbing my back gently. I pulled back and kissed him. And then I grabbed his face and kissed him harder. I had him, and for the time being he was mine. Maybe in the future I would lose him, but now he was mine. He grabbed my hips and kissed me back. Usually he would pull me close to him, but obviously he wasn't going to do that this time around.

"It sucks, I was just about to let you hit it too." I said after I pulled away.

"You think I can't still fuck you? I might be a little fucked up but I could still destroy you any day of the week." He responded.

"Three months." I smiled at him.

°°°

Happy happy happy:) you know what that means, right? I have to fuck shit up in the next chapter😋😘 xoxo