quince.

(I must have been on crack when I wrote this chapter because the timing is all over the place. Ignore it please I'm so sorry lmao)

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Oscar's comforter was covering me all the way. Either I had covered myself in the middle of the night, or he had come in at one point or another. I looked at my phone to see what time it was. 1:30 pm. A bitch loves her sleep. I rolled out of bed and threw on one of his shirts. I knew he liked it when I wore his clothes, so I figured maybe he'd go easy on me if I wore his shirt. I walked out into the kitchen to get something to eat. I opened the fridge and looked for some food, of course there was nothing.

"Fuck this house." I sighed.

"Damn, hermosa. Don't get so worked up, I can make you something." Oscar said. I jumped, I didn't even know he was in the kitchen.

"Aren't you mad at me?" I asked him confused. Mans just yelled at me last night, now he's acting all bipolar and shit. He sighed before saying anything.

"You frustrate me, and I want to know what happened last night, but I know yelling at you won't get me answers." He responded. I couldn't help it, I started crying. I felt so bad for what I had done to him. He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around me. I felt safe and happy. I knew that there was no one else I wanted to be with.

"Oscar?" I asked into his shirt.

"Yes?"

"I love you." I had to let him know. I knew at that moment that there was no one else in the world who I would want to kiss. I was in love with Oscar. I loved everything about him, even if he annoyed me sometimes.

"I love you too." He said. It surprised me. I pulled away quickly and looked at him. I was never expecting him to say it back. I looked closely at his face to see if he was being honest. He was. Everything in his face showed that he was telling me the truth.

"You do?" I asked him. That was all I wanted. Maybe we could finally be happy together. And that's when I remembered that we still had to keep our relationship a secret.

"Of course I do. Reyna, I care about you more than I've ever cared about anyone else. That's why I'm so worried about what happened last night." He explained. I could have told him the truth in that moment. Maybe then things wouldn't be so bad. He'd be upset, obviously, but if I lied about it it would be even worse. I looked down, not knowing what to say.

"Nothing. Honestly. I went on a walk to cool off and I came home when Cesar texted me. I didn't want you to be too upset." I lied. I felt so bad for lying to him. He lifted up my chin to see my face. The tears fell quickly. And then he pulled me back into the hug for a few seconds, not bothering to ask more questions, and thank god for that. I felt his phone buzzing against my hip bone, I knew the conversation was over and that he would have to go take care of business.

He pulled back from my and answered the phone. Before I knew it he hung up and looked at me. He looked at me as if he didn't want to leave me. I knew he knew that more had happened, but he didn't press me on it.

"I'll be back soon." He said, kissing my hand and leaving. Fuck it's Monday. I walked quickly to Oscar's room to throw some clothes on and get ready for school. My ride had just left, and I was assuming that Cesar was already gone. I didn't care if I was going to be late. I looked at the clock before finding clothes, 9:01. Great.

I was already an hour late. I threw on some skinny Jeans and a tube top before leaving. I figured if I was going to be late I might as well look cute. I stopped in the bathroom and threw on some hoops and quickly did my makeup. I grabbed my bag before leaving, remembering to lock the door before I left. I was not looking forward to the walk to school. It wasn't incredibly long, but it was hot out and I already didn't like walking. No one in Freeridge just walked for fun, so not many people in the area enjoyed walking.

"Hey! You need a ride?" I recognized the voice right away, it was Latrell.

"No, I'm good. Thank you." I smiled politely at him.

"C'mon, just let me give you a ride." He said. I sighed. For a split second I considered it, I really did. But I couldn't do it, it would only fuck up things with Oscar even more. I just shook my head.

"So you can fuck my cuz but you can't lemme give you a ride?" He asked. I stopped dead in my tracks. What the hell did he just say to me?

"What?" I asked him.

"You heard me." He said.

"I heard what your dumb ass said, I'm just confused as to what you're talking about." I said angrily, walking over to the green car and resting my hands on the open window.

"Yo chill. You don't gotta get all mad n shit. You did it own it." He replied.

"I didn't do shit, so you can shut your dumb little mouth becuase you don't know anything about anything." I said getting angrier by the second.

"Oh I see what this is about...you don't want your man spooky knowing about this...don't worry about it, he probably won't find out." He said, before driving off, not even letting me tell him Oscar wasn't my man.

°°°