dieciséis.

"You good?" Cesar asked, sitting down next to me at the lunch table. I had gotten there first and was just kind of sitting there. It was rare for me not to be stuffing my face with food during lunch, so I guess he had a reason to be concerned. I couldn't stop thinking about what Latrell had said.

"Uh, yeah. Just tired I guess. Long night." I responded absentmindedly. I couldn't even bother to look at him. My fingers were twitching, I was anxious.

"You sure? You don't look so good." He said. I finally looked at him.

"Wow. Thanks." I rolled my eyes. As if I wasn't currently going through it he had to make a comment like that.

"I didn't mean it like that." He said trying to take back what he had said. The rest of the gang finally showed up and sat down with us.

"What's going on?" Jamal asked picking up the awkward vibe.

"Nothing." Cesar and I both said at the same time. I just rolled my eyes, I really wasn't feeling like talking about whatever had happened earlier that morning. The whole crew still thought Oscar and I were fucking around, and we still lying about it for obvious reasons.

"I actually have to go." I said, barely looking at all of them. I knew the prophets would make it their job to make sure Oscar thought I fucked Tyrone. It's not like I could just go home and explain everything to him, that wouldn't work for many reasons. First, he most likely wasn't even at the house, I was sure he would be making runs all day. And second, what the fuck would I even tell him? That I had lied, and that I had actually had a prophet's tongue down my throat. No thanks.

I would have to just deny everything until the day I died. I was stressing the fuck out, I mean, what would you do if you were in my situation? Maybe I should have been honest earlier but there was nothing I could do about that.

°°°

"I'm so glad I finally got you alone." I whispered. Oscar and I were in his room. It was around twelve at night and he had just gotten rid of all the cholos for the night. He hadn't said anything about anything so maybe no one had said anything? He grabbed my waist and pulled me as close to him as he could. He definitely didn't know shit, and I had to keep it that way, forever.

"Me too, hermosa. I missed you today." He said in a low voice. When I got home from school he was still out. We would have had the perfect opportunity to mess around too becuase Cesar went over to Ruby's. I was very disappointed when I found out I had the house all to myself.

"I missed you more." I said before kissing him. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and pulled him in close. We started to back up to his bed while we were still kissing. I always got butterfly's when we kissed, and this time was no exception. He gently layed me on his bed and hovered over me, continuing to kiss me. He started trailing kisses down my neck and to my chest. Off in the distance I heard gunshots and I jumped a little. He tightened his grip on my hips and it made me feel better, safer.

Growing up I heard a lot of gun shots, but lately they freaked me out a little. What if the prophets tried something? Oscar always made me feel safe, but he wasn't always around. In that moment I knew I was safe with him, but I wouldn't be with him at all times forever.

"Oscar?" I asked him, still a little freaked out. My mind was racing and I needed to be reassured.

"¿si?" He said, his mouth still pressed against my skin.

"You'll always protect me, right?" I asked him. This seemed to get his attention.

"Of course...why?" He asked. He pulled away from me, but stayed close. He looked concerned.

"I just don't want to get hurt.." I answered, being vague. I couldn't tell him why I felt that way exactly, but I still needed to know that I would be okay.

"As long as I'm alive you'll be fine." He kissed me. I smiled at him, I felt better, but still a little uneasy. I pulled him close to me again. Time alone with him was rare, I wasn't going to waste it being paranoid. He pulled off my shirt and I let myself relax. My heart was racing like crazy, but it wasn't becuase I was paranoid, it was because Oscar always got me excited. There was another gunshot and I jumped again.

"estas seguro que estas bien?" [Are you sure you're okay?] Oscar asked me, getting concerned. I just shook my head, the tears began to fall, I couldn't even stop them. He got up and sat down on the bed next to me, pulling me into his arms.

"¿que pasa?" [What's wrong?] He asked. I didn't know how to explain what I was feeling. I was in too deep.

"I kissed a prophet." I spit out quickly. I couldn't keep it from him anymore it was ruining me.

"When?" He asked me, pulling away from me and visibly tensing up. This was what I was afraid of.

"The other night." I looked down at my fingers. I hated myself for doing this to him. I hated myself for making such a big mistake. "I thought we were over, I was upset. You left without me, I was just trying to get back at you."

"Get out." Was all he said, he didn't yell, he didn't even raise his voice. My legs were shaking but I forced myself to leave. I didn't know if he wanted me out of his room, out of the house, or out of his life, so I decided to do all of the above.

°°°

Guys I am so sorry it's taken me so long to update. The views on this story are going up everyday and I see you!!! I'll be trying to update more frequently, thank you for reading<3