treinta y tres

I sat up in Cesar's bed and stretched. The sun was already up, but I had no idea what time it was. I looked over to see Cesar sleeping peacefully next to me. I still felt so bad for him. I crawled out of bed, trying not to wake him up. Didn't work.

"Goodmorning." He smiled at me, putting his good arm behind his head. His other arm was in a sling because obviously his shoulder was still fucked up.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." I sheepishly smiled at him.

"Don't worry, I didn't sleep well anyways." He responded.

"Oh...Why? Is everything okay? Was it me?" I asked. I didn't want to be the reason he didn't sleep well on his first night back home.

"No, I was glad you slept in here, I missed you. And, I felt safer with you here." He answered. It made me feel better. I didn't understand how I made Cesar feel safer, if anything it should be the opposite. I was the cause for most of this mess. And besides, if anything did happen there wasn't shit I could do about it.

"Did Oscar say anything about it?" I asked. I was worried he'd be upset about it.

"He was a little confused, but he didn't say much. I don't think he wanted to make it a big deal around the guys." Cesar answered. I sighed. "What time is it?"

I picked my phone up and checked. 1:09. Damn, we really slept that late.

"A little after one. I'll be back, I need to go talk to Oscar." I said, slipping out of bed. I walked around searching the house for Oscar, but he was gone. I had just assumed he was out working. It was like him to be out on the streets after everything that had happened recently.

"He's gone." I said, stepping back into Cesar's room. I was disappointed but not surprised. I wanted some time with Oscar but I realized he was busy. I had gotten so used to all the time we spent together while he was healing.

"Let's go get something to eat." Cesar said, struggling for a second to get out of bed. It was obvious his shoulder was still really bothering him.

"Are you going to like...need help getting dressed? Or are you good?" I asked, wondering how much this wound was going to affect his everyday life.

He chuckled. "I'll let you know if I need help."

I nodded my head, grabbing some clothes and walking to the living room to change. I wanted to change in the living room so I could drink while I changed, there was still lots of alcohol left in the living room from the night before. I threw on a low cut white T shirt, and some shorts. I wanted to look hot for when I saw Oscar again.

"Reyna?" Cesar yelled from his room. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Yes?" I called, I didn't go in right away because I didn't want to walk into anything.

"I need help." He said. I just shook my head and laughed. I walked into his room and he was half shirtless. His shirt was over his head, but he was clearly having issues with getting it on.

"No, I think it looks great like that actually. It's a statement." I threw my hands up.

"What kind of a statement is this?" He asked, motioning with his good arm.

"I have abs." I made quotation marks with my fingers.

"Reyna, I'm being serious. Come help me." He looked slightly frustrated.

"Wait here, just one second." I said before running to get my phone. I ran back into the room and took a video of Cesar just standing there helpless. He pleaded with me to stop.

"Reyna, stop!" He asked. There was nothing he could do about it, one arm was injured as fuck, and the other arm was trapped in his shirt.

"How do you feel about this?" I asked, keeping the camera pointed at him and laughing my ass off. He just gave up and gave me a defeated look. He knew there wasn't shit he could do about it. "Okay okay, I'm done. I'm satisfied."

I threw my phone onto the bed and walked over to him to help him out. I pulled the shirt down fully over both his arms. He put his good arm in himself and I helped him as carefully as I could put his other arm in. He winced, his shoulder was really bothering him that morning.

"Thank you." He said. I suddenly realized how close we were and stepped back.

"No problem, you know I'd do anything for you." I smiled. "Now let's go get some fucking food, I'm hungry."

He nodded his head. He hadn't told me where we were going, but I already knew. We were going to Dwayne's. My stomach was already rumbling from just thinking about eating lunch.

"I wasn't lying when I said I really missed you. It sucked not having you around, even if we do fight sometimes." I said to him as we walked.

"I missed you too. And don't worry, I'll never leave you like that again, ever. I'm not going anywhere." He promised me. It broke my heart to hear him say that.

"Well, I mean, eventually you'll leave, right?" I asked him, hoping that he wanted to get out. I wanted him to want better for himself.

"Probably not. Where would I even go? My whole family is here, my whole life is here." He explained to me. I knew where he was coming from, I didn't see myself leaving either. But Cesar had the most potential.

"You could go to college, move to a nicer part of California, get a good job. That's the future I see for you." And that's the future I wanted for him.

"That's never going to happen." He said as if I was crazy.

°°°

)': I love Cesar so much