Saturday Night Lies

Arabella's POV

I was in the store with Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper, and weren't doing much at the moment. I was sitting at the counter with Henry, resting my head on his shoulder and he was massaging my knuckles. It was just a relaxing day with not much to do.

"Yo, yo, yo! Kiddos! Check out this new invention Schwoz just made for me!" My dad announced as he walked out from the back.

"What is it?" I asked getting up from my seat.

"Uhhh..."

"I wanna see!"

"Check it!" My dad said and showed us a fancy pen. I leaned my elbow on Henry's shoulder and titled my head with confusion.

"Uh, I don't think Schwoz invented the pen." I tell him and he gives me a look.

"She thinks it's just a pen." He chuckles, "she thinks it's just a pen!"

The other three began to awkwardly laugh with him.

"So did we!" Jasper and Charlotte laughed.

"We all thought it was just a pen." Henry remarked.

"Well, it also happens to be." My dad shook the pen and it glowed blue at the top. "A nose hair trimmer."

"What?!" Henry and I gasped and he stuck it up his nose. The four of us were impressed by the trimmer.

"Woah!"

"Listen to it trim those nose hairs!"

"No way!"

"I'm impressed!"

"And it also happens to fire small poisonous darts." My dad added and shook it again, causing it to glow red with a small dart on top.

"No." I smile with disbelief, before he aimed at a plant and shot the dart. The plant immediately died from the poison.

"Wow!"

"Woah!"

"I was growing that plant!" I objected.

"Yes! That is gold!" Henry exclaimed.

"And you can reuse the darts so, ya know sustainable." My dad shrugged, "good for the Earth and all that."

"Now, I gotta revive my plant friend." I mentioned, before using my powers to bring the plant back to life. "Thanks, dad."

"No problem, sweetie." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes, before I saw a couple outside and my eyes grew.

Oh...no...no....not her. Please not that thing.

"Oh no." My dad with shock, before panicking and I walked out from behind the counter. "No, no, no, no! Why is she here?! Why?!"

"Dad, why is she here?!" I asked with irritation and Henry rubbed my back, bringing to his lap.

"What do you mean?" Jasper asked.

"Her! Lacey, my ex-girlfriend!" My dad exclaimed with panic, trying to hide himself as she walked into the store. "Oh, god, she's-"

"Ray! Arabella!" Lacey beamed and I gave her a fake smile.

"Hey! Lacey!" My dad awkwardly greeted as she walked further in with the man. "Oh, oh my gosh you're here!"

"Calm down." Henry muttered, rubbing my arms. "It's just a woman."

"No, she's a monster!" I muttered back, before standing up and approaching Lacey.

"Ray Manchester!" She laughed and the two hugged, "oh my god! How long has it been?"

"Gosh, uh, uh, eight years." My dad shrugged.