Love Bytes

Arabella's POV

I was in the Man Cave with Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper and we were all frantically searching in hundreds of Frittle Chips cans for the platinum potato chip. If we find it, that means we win the contest and get to go to Frittle Land for free and I want to go to Frittle Land. As Charlotte, Jasper, and I were emptying the cans and searching through the chips, Henry was stacking them in the shape of a pyramid. Mary wasn't here because she wasn't feeling well due to her pregnancy getting more hectic and decided to stay home instead of coming here. My dad went to visit her a few hours ago but hasn't returned and I'm a little skeptical. Not worried, just skeptical about where he is.

"Ugh, nothing," Charlotte groaned when no platinum chip appeared.

"Come on!" The three of us complained and we continued searching as Henry stacked the cans. The elevator doors opened and my dad ran in like a kid on Christmas morning with a large katana on his back.

This should be interesting. My dad plus a katana equals destruction.

"You guys notice anything different about me?" He asked with a smile.

"Did you get a haircut?"

"Lose weight?"

"Nose job?"

"Got us ice cream?"

"I bought a sword," we all looked up and my dad pulled out his katana. "KATANA!"

My dad ran over to us waving the sword and all of us jumped out of the way and yelled as he sliced the pyramid of Frittle chip cans down. Henry immediately grabbed me in his arms and pulled me away as this happened.

"Stop!"

"Woah! Woah!"

My dad cut up all the chips with his katana and ignored our calls and protests. He eventually stopped going crazy and smiled at us brightly.

"Do you love it?" He asked us and Henry slowly let me go but kept his arm around me.

"No!"

"Hate it!"

"Terrified!"

"Do you love it?" I asked him.

"Yeah!"

"Then I hate it!" I exclaimed and Henry rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's a sword!" My dad beamed, "I can use it to slice things, dice things, fight ninjas! Make sure my hair looks nice, which it does!"

"Or accidentally kill us, because you're completely reckless?" Charlotte questioned.

"That is my concern," Henry agreed.

"Terrified!" Jasper repeated.

"I'm not reckless " my dad chuckled and picked up a can from the floor. "Jasper put this can on your head and let me cut it in half."

Jasper took the can and looked at us, "help me!"

"Okay, Dad," I began and went up to him, grabbing the can from Jasper. "These cans aren't for sword practice."

"Anything can be used for sword practice, that's what so great about swords," My dad remarked and I rubbed my head as Henry approached us.

"We're trying to find a platinum Frittle chip and win a prize," Henry informed my dad and took the can from my hand.

"You know what can find a platinum Frittle chip?" My dad asked us.

"Please don't say your sword," I pleaded him.