A Tale of Two Bellas Part 2

~Man Cave~

Charlotte and Schwoz were searching frantically for the location of Mary, but they couldn't track her down.

"Why is it so hard to find Mary?" Charlotte asked with irritation.

"She's probably moving around a lot," Schwoz guessed. "It's not easy to track down a moving target."

"I hope Bella's okay," Jasper said and let out a sigh.

Suddenly, the alarm for Junk'N'Stuff went off and this worried the three.

"Someone's upstairs," Charlotte said and checked the store camera.

"We're closed," Jasper said and the camera popped up to show two dark and magical monsters standing into the store.

"Oh crap," Charlotte said and looked at the two. "We have company."

"And not the friendly kind," Schwoz added.

——
~With Bella and Ruby~

Bella shifted her eyes to side with her body frozen, "you're working with Mary?"

"Maybe," smirked Ruby, not moving the gun from its position.

"How could you?" Bella asked her, "after everything she's done?"

"After she lost her husband and my dad, she went crazy and I tried to reason with her, but she gave me every right reason to be upset and I agreed," Ruby explained and Bella lightly shook her head with disbelief.

"You're betraying your family," Bella remarked. "Your mother and brother wouldn't approve of this."

"I'm not looking for anyone's approval," Ruby snarled back and Bella clenched her fist. "I'm only helping my grandmother who lost everything."

Suddenly, Bella's Whiz Watch beeped, and this distracted Ruby for a split second, which gave Bella the opportunity to turn around and tackle Ruby to the ground.

Ruby struggled under her grip as Bella held her down and knocked the gun out of her hand.

"Get off me, you little brat!" Ruby snapped angrily and moments later Bella rolled off Ruby and hopped onto her feet. "Dang it!"

Bella took out her Whiz Watch and sprinted toward the wall. Ruby recovered and grabbed the gun, aiming it at Bella.

Bella immediately ducked down when a bullet zoomed passed her head and she hid behind the corner. Ruby slowly walked forward with the gun in her hands and Bella looked over the ledge to see nothing but concrete and she knew she wouldn't survive that.

Across the building Bella was on, she saw another building and a small hook was on the side, which gave her an idea. She shot a vine out from her hand and it looped around the hook, and she took a deep breath before leaping off the building and swinging down. Bella landed on the ground below and looked up, bringing her vines in and ran off as Ruby ran to the ledge and cursed under her breath.

"Dang it!"

——
~With Future Bella, Ryder, Henry, and Ray~

The four were driving carefully down the road and it was completely empty, not a single person or monster was roaming the streets.

"Where is everyone?" Henry asked with confusion.

"Mary's close," Future Bella said. "She's trying to trick us, stay on guard. Ryder, let's stop and search around."

Ryder listened and stopped the ATV and the four got out. They searched the area with caution and were very careful.

"Something's not right," Ryder said and glanced at his mother.