Danger Things

Arabella's POV

I just left Mary's house to go find Henry and go with him to the Man Cave. It was Halloween and I was dressed at Poison Ivy while Mary is Harley Quinn. I was gonna be a ghostbuster with Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper, but I decided to play a villain that has the same powers as me instead.

Mary decided to come with me, because she wanted to see my dad and I was hesitant on letting her go. I told her she wouldn't be allowed in the back and that Jasper could help her find a wig that matches Harley Quinn's hair. Gotta keep her distracted while I'm down in the Man Cave.

I've mentioned the thought of telling Mary our secret to my father and he's never denied it. He wants to tell her, because he really likes her and her and I are really close. They aren't dating, but my dad is thinking of asking her out very soon and I will be over the moon when they start dating.

I'll finally have a mother figure in my life.

Mary made her way to the store, while I approached Henry's porch and he was standing there in his ghostbusters costume.

"Hey, babe." I greeted and he turned to me with wide eyes and an open mouth. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"Uh....uh...." He trailed off and inched the back of his neck. "You look.... like a plant."

I chuckled at his reaction, "yeah, that's what I am. I'm Poison Ivy, the villain."

His face was completely red and I giggled, "I see that."

I walked up to him and shut his mouth, "shut your mouth, you'll catch flies, darling." I grinned and grabbed his hand, before I pulled him to the store.

"I have a hot girlfriend..."

I blushed, "I heard that."

——

Henry and I walked into the Man Cave together with the pumpkin carved like my dad's face in it. Mary obviously stayed up in the store, so Jasper can help her find a wig to wear.

"Alright, let's make this quick, Mary's upstairs with Jasper trying on wigs." I mentioned and my dad perked up.

"Mary's here?" He asked me and I nodded with a smile.

"Yep."

"Who is she dressed as?" He asked me.

"Harley Quinn." I told my dad and he smirked.

"Nice."

I rolled my eyes, "here's your stupid pumpkin."

"It's not stupid." My dad remarked as Henry showed my dad the pumpkin.

"Here you go, man." Henry smiled as my dad took the pumpkin.

"Aw, yes, I am handsome." My dad smiled, "anyray, Charlotte's worried about a bunch of missing dogs or something."

"It's a bunch of missing kids." Charlotte corrected.

"What? A bunch of missing kids? That's way more serious!" My dad exclaimed with worry and dropped the pumpkin, breaking it.

"Dude, I worked all day on that." Henry protested and I rubbed his arm.

"There's always next year, honey." I assured Henry as he took my hand.

"Hey, they're talking about it on the news." Charlotte mentioned and turned on the news.

"Happy Halloween, Swellview." Mary Gaperman greeted.

"Halloween? Or Hallo-Missing Tweens." Trent corrected.

"It's both, Trent. Today is Halloween and it's making some kids in Swellview to say Boo-Hoo, cause they're missing." Mary continued.