chapter 25

The car finally pulled up just outside the Volturi's private jet after one of the most painful car rides I'd ever experienced. Caius was the first to leap out of the car, slamming the door behind him before I even had the chance to climb out of his side. Instead, Marcus held his door open for me, extending a hand to help me out. Once I was out onto the runway, I scowled at Caius, following him up the stairs with Marcus and Aro both close behind me. For some reason, Caius had stopped on the top step, having what felt like an unnecessary conversation with Santiago. I shoved into his back as hard as I possibly could, attempting to push him into the plane.

"Eliana," Aro warned behind me.

I spun around to face him, leant against Caius' back while Aro stood a few steps below me with his arms crossed over his chest. "What did I do this time?"

"Be sensible," he growled.

Suddenly Caius lurched forward, sending me flying backwards into the plane and onto my ass with a light "oof". Instead of helping me up, he simply laughed at me before taking his seat in the corner. Marcus kindly lifted me to my feet by my waist, steering me back into the plane and into the seat opposite Caius.

"What was that for?" I hissed at him in a whisper.

"I do not know what you are talking about," Caius shrugged, placing his hands behind his head with his elbows facing outwards.

"God, you're so annoying," I groaned.

"What did I say about being sensible?"

Aro appeared between us, a slightly annoyed look on his face.

"We were being sensible, right Caius?" I leant around Aro and with my eyebrows raised at him.

"Mhm," he responded.

With that, Aro moved past us to sit to the left of Caius, with Marcus sat on my right. Caius was just frustrating me so much in that instant, I just wanted to yeet him out of the plane so badly. Now, not only did I have absolutely no way to play my music, but he was also taking every opportunity to get back at me.

We were all sat in virtual silence during take-off, Renata and Santiago quietly playing Uno on the other side of the plane while Demetri read some book written in Greek. However, we hadn't even been in the air for five minutes before Caius discretely kicked me in the shin. Hard.

"Ouch! Do you mind?" I snapped, kicking him back.

"What did I do?" he pulled an all-too-innocent face.

"You're joking? You kicked me!"

"I did no such thing!"

"Look," I lifted my leg up, placing my foot on his lap, "you see that red mark? You see? Right there? That was from your shoe!" I argued, placing my foot back down on the floor.

"You have no evidence to back that up!"

"Oh yeah? You've been kicking me in the leg the whole way here!"

"That is because you continually jab me in the rib!"

"Well that's just because you destroyed my own belongings and blamed it on me!"

"Why are you such a child?!"

"Why are you such a baby?!"

"THAT IS ENOUGH!"

Aro erupted in fury, standing up from his seat with his hands in tight fists. He stormed over to where I was sat and towered over me with his face a mere few centimetres away from mine, his arms either side of my head blocking my view.