chapter 31

"Aro, you would not believe what I just heard!"

Marcus burst into Aro's quarters where Aro was sat busily writing away at his desk, answering to more painful correspondences from other covens containing incessant whining about their laws. He turned to him irritatedly while Marcus offered his hand.

"Is this truly worth interrupting me, brother?"

"Find out for yourself," he raised an eyebrow.

Aro rolled his eyes and took Marcus' hand, sifting through his recent thoughts. Huh, at least he wasn't the only one who couldn't get the thought of their mate off his mind. He stopped at his most recent memory curiously, and now he saw why Marcus was so eager to share it. Was Caius...with Eliana...already? All he could really hear were her moans and yells of his name through the wall of Marcus' quarters, but it was definitely enough evidence to go on. Apparently their bond was also becoming thicker according to Marcus' ability, several more thin strands winding around the brilliant gold bond tie of the mating bond. How the hell had his brother gotten to sleep with her so much sooner than him?

He pulled his hand away bitterly, forcing a smile on his face. "Let us pay the pair a visit, shall we?"

--oOo--

I opened my eyes tiredly as the sunlight shone blindingly through the window. For a moment, I forgot where the hell I was, until memories from the bliss I'd experienced the night before came flooding back. Looking up, I saw Caius still had his arms wrapped around me comfortingly, his cold body pressed against mine.

"Good morning, carissima. How are you feeling?"

I moved around a little to try and gage which of my muscles were hurting the most. The area between my legs was unsurprisingly a little sore, but weirdly enough, so was my neck.

"I'm okay, a little sore I guess," I responded, before pausing for a second, "You know, according to human laws, I'm still legally considered a child," I laughed.

"I have always said how pathetic humans are," he remarked, lifting my chin up and pressing his lips against mine.

Still aching slightly, I moved myself carefully so I was straddled on top of him with my breasts pressed against his front, my lips gently moving with his. His hand slowly edged downwards from my above my waist down to my thigh. I ran my palms along his front, feeling his cool, statue-like figure underneath me-

"Good morning, cara mia."

I screamed and quickly flipped myself over, pulling the sheets up to my neck to cover myself. It was then that I saw Aro and Marcus both stood beside the bed, Marcus with his arms crossed while Aro had a forced smile plastered on his face.

"Do you ever knock?!" I drew my eyebrows together exasperatedly.

"Why? Did we miss anything?" he asked, giving me a knowing look.

"No, just finger fucking," Caius responded proudly.

"Caius!" I slapped him across the arm angrily, the sound ringing through the room.

"Yes, we heard," Aro continued, "such a shame you were to leave us poor souls out of what was clearly the time of your life, a time to be shared-"

Is he really saying what I think he's saying? That man is absolutely crazy.

"Right, I'm not dealing with this. Can one of you please pass me my towel from beside the sofa?" I pointed to the other side of the room impatiently.

"Can you not get it yourself?" he smirked.

I gestured to my figure covered by Caius' duvet in response. "Aro, I'm not wearing anything."