Chapter 44

"You are correct the culprit is Angie Yonaga!" Monokuma announced. 

"What!? No! I did not kill Tsumugi!" Angie cried, "Korekiyo did! I saw him!" 

"Monokuma! Are you lying to us?!" Kaito shouted. 

"I do not lie! Bears cannot lie!" 

Shuichi shook his head, "Then your telling me Angie's story was a fake?" 

"Where's the proof!" Keebo shouted. "I will not accept this outcome without proof!" 

Monokuma laughed, "You guys voted for her! So clearly you guys thought she could be the culprit! That should be enough proof for you!" 

"No that's— it was only because of (Y/N)!" Kaito responded, "(Y/N) convinced us to make it tie!" 

"And clearly, that was a good decision... otherwise we'd all be dead." Rantaro noted. 

"No! I... I didn't kill Tsumugi!" Angie spoke, desperation in her voice, "Atua would never forgive me for killing another believer!" 

For a moment, a sense of doubt was placed in your mind. You knew Monokuma wasn't below rigging the results of a trial. Kaede's trial in the original proved that. What you didn't understand was why. Clearly the only culprits were Korekiyo and Angie, and why make Angie a false culprit? 

Just to have an execution? I would've thought that having someone who killed someone yet is still alive in our group would be more interesting... then was it Angie's cult? Was her cult proving to be disastrous?  No but this is a television show right? Shouldn't these things be planned? 

Unless Angie is lying even now. 

"Upupu! Well if you all aren't going to say anything! I'm going to start the execution!" 

"No! Atua is my witness! I did not kill" 

"Let's give it everything we got!" Monokuma started chanting. 

"No! Korekiyo killed Tsumugi! Not me!" 

"It's PUNISHMENT TIME!" 

Angie let out a scream as a rope reached out to grab her, "May Atua curse you forever (Y/N)!" And with those final words, Angie was pulled into a separate room. 

We were guided to the room by the Monokubs, where Angie was strapped to a pole. 

"Pulverizing Paint" Read the sign that Monokuma held up. 

And in a flash a machine gun appeared in front of Angie. Monokuma fired up the gun and pellets came flying towards Angie, exploding colors as they hit her. Angie's bloodcurdling screams were halted as paintballs came flying toward her face, causing her to gag on the taste of paint. The gun soon ran out of ammunition, and for a moment everything was on paused. 

Angie's labored breathing was all the more apparent, her chest heaving up and down. Your eyes scanned The Ultimate Artists' body, it was coated in splotches of different colors. Blue, green, yellow, pink, purple and orange. You noticed that a common color was missing. 

With that realization came the next step of the execution. Monodam came out holding an oversized paintbrush, with a tip that looked far too sharp. As the green kub walked over to the Artist, he made a pit stop, swiping the head of Montaro, his last remaining brother. But before Monophanie could even react, Monodam hurled the paint brush into Angie's body, causing her blood to gush out. Red splattered everywhere drenching the other colors. 

The sobs from Gonta were the first sound to reach you after that. Your own hands were trembling. Somewhere in your head you realized that Angie's execution was eerily similar to the ones of Leon Kuwata from the first game, and.. Gonta's.