35

Recap:
"I can't hold I'm off much longer. RUN" Jake yelled and Edward had me inside the car in less than a second and was driving off towards his house.
"He can't step into my territory. Call his family and let them know" Edward said driving at an impossible speed.
"Let them know what?" I asked shakily.
"That his Alpha has awaken" Edward said lowly.
                    ***
"What triggered him?" Seth asked through the phone.
"You know the shape shifting vampire?" I asked softly.
"Yeah what about him?" He asked.
"Well he showed up here and he tried fooling me by shape shifting into an exact replica of Jake. I obviously caught it but he said some things while pretending to be him that triggered him" I explained.
"I can feel his Alpha power" Seth let out an animal like growl while groaning.
"Seth you okay?" I asked alarmed.
"Bella-I-I gotta go" he struggled with his words.
"Seth?" I voiced in concerned hearing a deep and scary growl from a distance.
"It's Jake" He said before hanging up.
"Edward I need to go check on Jake" I said pacing back and forth.
"You can't Bella. Alice already ask one of her friends to place a protection barrier in the house so that the shape shifter can't come in" He explained.
"So Jake can't come here either?" I asked confused.
"No one can come in or out" he clarified.
"That's not fair" I said angrily.
"Bella" Edward sighed in defeat
"No no no Edward. You didn't even ask me if I was okay with it. You don't get to choose for me Edward" I said shoving him or at least trying to shove him but failing miserably.
"I know I'm sorry. But we don't have that luxury right now. There is a shape shifting vampire right now who is out to get you. I'm sure Jacob would agree with me when it comes to prioritizing your safety" Edward reasons.
"Jake needs me Edward and nos I can't do anything" I glared at him.
"You need to let him figure it out on his own Bella. He'll be fine. He's a fighter" he reassured.
"If something happens to him. I'll blame you" I said sternly jabbing him with my index finger.
"I'll take those odds" he smiled at me.
"I'm still mad at you Edward" I rolled my eyes at him.
"I know" he said smiled innocently.
"Bella thank heavens you're okay" Alice exclaimed crushing me into a hug.
"Ooooow" I whined as she pulled away.
"Oh I'm sorry Bella" she apologized rubbing my arms.
"I've missed you" I smiled.
"Me too" she smiled wrapping her arm around mine.
"So while we wait and see how to capture this shapeshifter, we can watch a movie and eat pizza" she smiled happily.
"Vampires don't eat food" I reminded her.
"I've grown to like human food just for you" she smiled.
"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me" I said dramatically placing a hand over my heart.
"Well I work to please" she bowed dramatically.
"Gosh I've missed our craziness" I laughed
"I haven't" Edward said with a playful glint in his eyes.
"No one cares" Alice smiled at him sticking her tongue out in a childish manner while he laughed.
"Let's go and wait for an update from the pack" I said dragging Alice away.
Hey guys. Hope you like the short chapter. I'm trying to get inspired again so I'm trying to keep the chapters short until I am able to write more. I don't want to overwhelm myself since I'm not really feeling inspired anymore. I'll keep you posted
Stay healthy my loves,
Bri