55. The Real Face

David stepped in fearing that one thing could lead to another which could break this family apart forever.

"Calm down, Rose," he pulled her wife aside, "and stop it, Petunia! Don't bring our kids into this." He said with anger.

Petunia stood there like nothing had affected here - like an ice-cold hand, so numb that it couldn't feel anything, not even a single prick from the needle.

"Oh, so, I'm wrong?" she charged at David. "I'm always wrong, aren't I? And your sweet wife here is always right. Isn't it?!"

"Please, stop fighting!" John and Emily begged but aunt Petunia was so blind carrying the poison and baggage that she didn't even care now.

"Shush your mouths, you brats! You-"

Before Petunia could finish it, Rose slapped her - so hard that the sound echoed throughout the room and it left her hand's impressions on Petunia's cheek which put the whole family in the state of shock.

"Enough!" Rose stormed on Petunia. "You have no right to talk to my kids that way."

Petunia said to David in a rage with her hand still on her cheek to hide the red marks from the slap, "Can't you see what your wife just did? And even after this, you are quite? Unbelievable! I'm your sister! How could you let this happen?"

David embraced Rose to calm her down and said, "My wife did nothing wrong nor did my kids. You don't know anything. But I'm thankful that you don't know because otherwise, I wouldn't have known what you really think about our family and more importantly our children. You brought this upon yourself. You crossed your line tonight."

"You never loved John, Hannah, or Emily," Rose continued. "Do you think that we were blind to see this since day one? We never told our kids the truth about you because we never wanted our kids to think of or see their aunt in a bad light. Always playing the victim when you were the poison! I never thought that I'd say this or a day like this would come but did you forget how you tried to kill Hannah after a few weeks of her being born by putting something her milk? You were the reason she was in pain and shivering and twitching the entire night. Doctors could not even know why. You were the reason we almost lost our daughter that day! And you still haven't changed since then. You never expected us to find out. But we came to know several years after that of how evil you were but we didn't say anything as we didn't have any proof against you. And even if we did, who would have believed us? You have built your reputation as a kind and innocent human. You would have again played your victim card and everyone would have blamed us. Who would blame a soft-hearted human? You would have made everyone see us as the bad guys and you as an angel who cannot do anything wrong. Your mother wanted to see this family together - happy - till the day she dies. That was her wish! We respected her wish and never brought that up. But you had done enough damage!"

"Wish our mom could see the real you," David said, "she never would have made this wish. Rose and I loved her and didn't want her soul to depart after making her see her family being ripped apart by none other than her daughter herself!"

Petunia clenched her teeth and tightened her fists, "I won't stay in this goddam house for any second longer!" She swung on her heels and marched towards the door.

She held the doorknob and opened the door, "This family is done! We are so over!"

"Please don't say this, Aunt Petunia," John could literally feel himself on the brink of crying. He didn't want his family to break apart.

"No, son," David comforted him, "This was long overdue. We all knew it would come someday. It's okay."

"All I came here was to give your uncle's last gift to you meet you and Hannah and this is how you treat me?! It's so over!"

"Still playing the victim?!" Rose said making a disgusted face, "Can't believe this woman."

Before Petunia could take her foot out, the door closed with a loud bang startling Petunia.

The room started becoming cold with the lights flickering in the background. Emily, John, Rose, and David looked at each other.

"No, it can't be happening," Emily whispered.

Just then chilling whispers began to envelop the house, which caused the muscles of everyone's body to tense up as they froze, "I heard you wanted to see me, Aunt Petunia,"