84. Helena

"Wait, what?" Emily was still dumbfounded but still a bit scared and alarmed.

How in the world does she know her name? But if she does know her name, does that mean that Scarlett knows the bat lady too? If that's the case, this girl is just getting more complex and complex and full of mysteries.

Emily stood there trying hard to try and stay serene and not run but the sight of the bat lady whom Scarlett called 'Helena' didn't help at all.

"It's been a long time, Scarlett," Helena said.

"It could be her trick, Scarlett," Emily shouted. "Don't fall for it. We better run or else she'll kill us all like she threatened us all with!"

"Emily," Helena began saying walking a few inches close to Emily.

"No, I don't wanna hear you or you, Scarlett. I know she's gonna kill us. She even told us that so many times. Don't believe her!" Emily yelled as she slowly began backing away.

"Emily, I'm sorry. But my intentions were never to harm any of you." Helena stopped approaching Emily seeing the frightened look on her face.

"Yeah, right" Emily scoffed.

"It's true, Emily," Scarlett said, "She's a good soul."

"Oh. My. God!" Not believing what she just heard, Emily placed her hands on her head. "What is wrong with you?! You don't know how she always terrorizes us! And even if you know her, please tell her to go away!"

Helena got silent and exchanged glances with Scarlett.

"Emily," Scarlett said trying to calm her down. "I don't know what had happened in the past, but I know Helena and -"

Emily scoffed. "How on earth did you two know each other? How is it, Scarlett that you seem to have some kind of connection with the ones that entered into our life just because of Diana? First Clyde and now Helena. How? What's your relation with Diana? Isn't it all a bit suspicious? I should've listened to John."

"No!" Scarlett screamed which shook both Emily and Helena. "You are not safe anymore with him. No one is."

"There you go!" Emily said in a sarcastic voice. "You are so suspicious. If you really were telling the truth and if you want to help us, you would've told us about yourself - the truth - from the beginning. But no! And now, surprisingly, you seem to have connections with all the spirits surrounding Diana?"

Emily turned towards Swift's house as she called out Clyde's name." Clyde, I am going back! With or without you! I'm so done with your lies!"

"Emily, please, calm down and hear me out," Helena said.

Taking a deep breath, Emily responded, "You have five minutes. Convince me that your intentions were good and that Scarlett is not a suspicious person - which I know you both will fail to explain - but my mom always says that everyone deserves a chance, so go on. Five minutes." Emily crossed her arms.

"Alright," Helena began as she walked towards Emily - the bat in place of her earring swinging due to the motion. "I came to know that a person had the cursed stone and went to see who it was. That day I came to know that John had got the cursed stone from the beach. I wanted to tell him that he should let that go. I followed the family waiting for the right time. I didn't know that Nick could be there too. That was just a coincidence. When the Jackson family was in their car, John saw Nick that day and my plan was to follow the car till John was alone. I was flying in my 'bat' transformation ahead of their car but when I saw Nick and that John saw Nick, I decided to meet Nick first. But that was a poor decision as I forgot there was a speeding car behind me. As I took a turn and flew down, I hit the windshield and I got injured.