96. Sign

"Hello? Is anybody in here?" Echoed a sound.

"Hello, I'm Father Murphy," He said as he began walking towards the source of the question who was standing on the Church gate near the steps.

"Hello, Father, I'm Father Williams," Father Williams shook hands with Father Murphy as he continued, "I came here to discuss the current situations,"

"Welcome," Father Murphy smiled with a profound look on his face.

Both the Fathers began walking inside the Church as Father Murphy said, "Pardon me Father, but I don't think I've ever seen you here."

"I've crossed a few towns to come here. The matter is becoming worse day by day and never in my life, I've felt helpless. Yours is the Church that I've found which still has a Father - all the rest were empty or abandoned."

"There hadn't been any town which had been completely declared as dead but the effect of the spell is not bounded by boundaries. This town, neighboring towns, and beyond, all are dying."

"And that's the reason why I came here, Father Murphy, in the hope that maybe together we can come up with something."

Father Murphy nodded with a serious look. "I agree. And I suppose you know the reason behind all this,"

"Diana." Both said in unison.

"From what I've heard about her," Father Williams began, "I know that she isn't any ordinary or a weak spirit who's going away so easily."

"Many years ago, two more Fathers and I had an encounter with Diana. We weren't prepared for what Diana was capable of. We underestimated her. And the result? We lost two Fathers. And we just merely weakened her. And now, she's stealing the souls of people to feed her spirit to grow stronger and she's also turning people into her pawns - her army - which I don't know what she's going to do with. What's her purpose in making her army? And that's what fears me the most."

"True, the things that we can complete the puzzle with, we can prepare ourselves for but those things that we don't have the answers to or even a hint of how it's going to be turned out, how can we prepare for events like that?"

"We cannot waste any more time, Father Williams. Before the things completely go out of our hands - which it slowly is - let's go to my office to discuss a plan."

- - - - - -

"Mrs. Jackson," Emily said getting up after David turned the television off. "the reason I came here was to tell you both the truth about John."

Looking at the baffled looks, Emily began to explain, "Diana had taken John under her control, believe me."

At first, they couldn't believe their ears. Diana had possessed their daughter and now she is controlling John too? But slowly, everything fell into place when Rose reflected back on the night when John was about to kill David or the time when John was completely lost when Rose tried to call him back inside. Then, Rose's eyes popped as she thought what if that little girl who was accusing John was telling the truth? What if her 'imaginary' friend was a real person whom their son had killed?

"Are you sure?" David asked. He didn't know anything about how his own son tried to kill him.

Emily nodded before heading towards the door. "I'm going to the Church. Don't worry about me." She smiled weakly.

"Thank you," Rose smiled back considering the fact that Emily kept her words of telling her. And Emily knew that it was her concern for her and even if there was her own mother, she would've done the same. After all, all a parent ever wants is for their child to be safe.