92. Delicate Balance Of Life

"Well, well, well," Diana began in a mocking tone as she stood on the top stair. She snapped her fingers and in a blink of an eye she was down - close to Clyde, Helena, and Ryan. "look who we have here," She faced Ryan. "It's been so long since I have seen you two together... well, it could've been three but you know," Diana shrugged her shoulders.

"What did you do to Emily?" Helena asked looking at Emily who laid in the middle of the red pentagram.

"Diana, leave her alone!" Ryan demanded. There was fear with a little tint of courage in his voice.

At first, Diana stared coldly into his eyes and then said, "And what makes you think I would, Ryan?" She scoffed and smiled.

"Scarlett!" Diana demanded. "Place the candles in their position. Now!"

Hearing Diana's command, Scarlett at once began placing the candles which she had lit around the pentagram - one candle at the end of each pointy side.

"What are you gonna do to her?" Clyde asked looking a bit frightened.

"And, who are you?" Diana continued after a pause. "wait, you must be Clyde, Nick's friend. That poor kid." Diana looked into space as if she went down a memory lane.

"Done." Came the sound of Diana's pawn.

"Don't worry, Clyde," Diana began. "I'm just gonna do this -" She snapped her fingers at an unconscious Emily and all five pairs of eyes watched as Emily slowly rose up in the air still inside the pentagram.

"No, Diana, stop," Helena begged but Diana continued reciting something under her breaths as Emily's body floated in mid-air.

The pentagram now began to glow with the red light which radiated from its edges and fell upon Emily.

Emily's floating body arched backward as her energy was getting sucked into the pentagram.

Clyde, Helena, and Ryan looked desperately at each other. They didn't know what to do or how to stop it before the pentagram ends up absorbing all the life out of Emily.

Without thinking anything or any consequences, Clyde jumped into the pentagram causing the force field to disbalance making Emily move outside the pentagram and hit herself hard against the basement wall.

"No, Clyde!" Helena and Ryan screamed in unison looking at the painful face of Clyde inside the pentagram.

"Stupid boy!" Diana roared, "look what you did."

The fall made Emily gain a bit of consciousness making her groan in pain.

"Emily!" Clyde yelled through his state of affliction. "Emily, you need to get up!" Clyde continued yelling with concern and hope but his voice slowly started to become weak and shaky due to the ongoing effect the pentagram was having on him. One could clearly see the struggle on Clyde's face.

Emily slowly gained knowledge of her surroundings as she struggled to get up with the support of the wall.

"Clyde," Emily said meekly still trying to take a hold on herself. "What did you do?"

"Don't worry about me," Clyde's voice was beginning to die down. "Run. Now."

Emily looked at Ryan and Helena. Both of them nodded as if giving an assurance that they'll take care of the situation and signaling Emily to run.

Emily nodded back and got up with a bit disbalance. The whole room spun in front of her eyes as she got up but she closed her eyes to recover a bit.

"Like I would let that happen," Diana said. "Scarlett!" she commanded. "Finish her off. Go!"

Emily felt really weak and loose - like she's gonna faint anytime. She had no strength to continue but giving up wasn't a choice. With Scarlett - Diana's pawn - still behind her, she had to hide. She can't die just like that - there's so much on the line. Especially, she cannot let what Clyde did for her go to waste.