Chapter 37

---------
"Mine in all sense!"
---------

3 days before the operation:

Ayaah's POV:

I look outside the window of our room. The streets are shining with lights, the seawater is glowing in the moonlight.
A tear leaves my eyes unknowingly. Even when we know we are here in this world for very little time, we build a connection with it that when you think of leaving this world and people, you feel emotional.
Allah promises you Jannah, and you know that it's a better place than this world but still, the infatuation is something that creates a mark in your heart.

Ayan is more devastated than I. It scares me.
To be honest, we both are closer to each other than we are closer to our parents.
He is my husband, my best friend, the one who fights with me, my lover, my cousin, and my soulmate.
Even when we know that Allah can take one of us whenever he wants but still there is still a wish inside my heart to be with him till my end.
And I know that he wishes the same too.

Nearly 4 days passed since I have known about the operation and all. If you ask me if I am scared or not, then yes I am...
Who won't be scared?
My headaches are increasing and sometimes I feel like banging my head to the wall cause of it.
But it's a little less right now cause of the medicines.

I was in my thoughts...
Just then I heard my phone ringing.
I see the caller id to see it's Ayan's Mom.

A smile formed on my lips seeing her name. This is the first time she is calling me after our marriage and I can't be happier.
Ayan isn't home, he has gone out for some business purpose.
I know he wouldn't let me receive her call if he was here.

I received the call and greeted her in my cheerful voice, "Assalamualaikum, Mami!"
I said but I heard a very plain reply from the other side.

"Walaikum Assalam."

I stayed silent for a few moments before I spoke.

"Umm... How are you Mami? How's your health?" I asked and again heard a plain reply with a question back to me.

"I am fine. How's your health?" She asked.

"I am fine... Mami, Alhamdulillah!" I said but she stayed silent for a few moments before she said something that really hurt me.

"Ayaah, I won't twist my words... To be honest, I didn't want you to be Ayan's wife.
That is the main reason, I didn't call you or contact you after your marriage with him."
My face fell instantly.

"Oh," I replied.

"And I have called you now for something important." She said and I guess I knew what she wanted to say.

"I am listening Mami."

*******

Ayan's POV:

"Sir we have reached." The driver said as I come out of my daze.
I can not concentrate on my work as I always feel my mind and heart is with Ayh.
Is she okay? Is she having any problems? Is she having headaches?
All these runs inside my mind all the time.

I press the calling bell of my penthouse and waited impatiently for Ayaah to open it.

I heard the door clicking and saw Ayaah opening the door. I smiled at her and she returned my smile.
But I saw unknown tiredness in her eyes that couldn't be ignored. It seemed like she has cried.

"Are you alright Ayaah? You look tired." I asked and she just smiled.

"I am alright, just I guess cause of the illness." She said and I nodded.