Chapter 27

Assalamualaikum everyone!
Missed me?
------
"Waiting for you..."
------

Ayaah's POV:

To be honest I felt more anxious than Nikhar. I can not see tears in her eyes and I have a grave feeling that Yasir won't accept her proposal...
The much I have known about Nikhar and Yasir, I feel like he treats her like a kid.

I looked at Nikhar to see her right beside me sitting in a cab. She looked beautiful, to be honest. Wearing a white baggy, woolen sweater and peach hijab with it she paired it up with her regular jeans not to ignore that special pair of white boots that she usually wears when it's something important.

Turning to me, she asked for the umpteenth time, "Do I look good Ayu?"

"Nick can never look bad!" I said as I smiled.

Am I doing right? Even when I know the result of this, I still let her meet him. But if I disagreed, she might have gone on the wrong path.
She needs to face the reality, or else she can not think wisely.

With a lot of burden on my heart, I saw that we have reached the restaurant.
Nikhar didn't wait much as she hurriedly jumped off the cab and marched towards the entrance. This girl is talking about marriage?

I too came out of the cab and paid him the bill.
As I came near her, she turned to me and said, "Ayu, please wait far from us. So that Yasir can't hear you."

I simply nodded my head and took a seat at a distance that I can hear what they were saying.
I could see Yasir sitting there reading the menu.

Upon seeing Nikhar his face seemed to glow. She looked at him and smiled as he stood up.
I found that gesture good.

"Please sit Nikhar." He said as he pulled out a chair for her.

Nikhar sat there as he sat opposite of her. I could the nervousness in Yasir which I found out of the world. The much I have known about him from Ayan, I have got one thing that he isn't someone who can be nervous.

"Oh... Don't just sit there, order something." He said casually.

"No, I didn't come here to eat. I have something really important to tell you."
Nikhar was rubbing her hands together, something she does when she is nervous.

I saw Yasir following her antiques.

"You're nervous..... What's the matter?" I was stunned by hearing him. Cause other than our family only some people know about this habit of Nikhar.
He does observe her a lot..... But why?

After sometimes as Nikhar looked at Yasir for some seconds, his expression softened as it felt like he read something in that ocean like eyes of Nikhar.

"Don't!"
I heard him saying and instantly an urge came up to take Nikhar with me and leave that place.

Nikhar expression was as shocking as mine.
I could feel her hands that were kept on that table, trembling.

"Yas... I haven't even said...." She started but couldn't complete as Yasir interrupted, "I know what you are gonna say. But don't Nikhar... It isn't meant to be."

Nikhar's eyes watered as she heard him say that.

"My world is different from you. I don't remember god. I don't pray... I have done illegal relationships a countless number of times. No one in this world can make me committed. You can change a person that wants to change but you can't change someone who doesn't want to.
My life is complicated. Don't enter it. I fear, that you will be destroyed"
Yasir's words were clear and straight forward for Nick to understand.