Chapter 17

----------
"What are we?"
----------

Writer's POV:

"So, you are saying.. Ayaah refused to marry Ayan? Saying that she never had any feelings for him?" Yasir asked Nikhar on the phone.

"That's what I told you yesterday right! When you called... Do you have a short time memory loss problem or something?" Nikhar replied rolling her eyes..

"Nikky! Be serious... It's just that, it feels something is fishy here...
Cause listening from Ayan, I could guess Ayaah isn't like a girl who will do this... Is there like a problem I mean medical problem with your sister or something?" This question of Yasir made Nikhar worried but then shrugged the thought..

"No, no.. My Ayu is strong.. It's nothing like that.." Though Nikhar pretended to be strong. But her voice felt worried.
Yasir felt that and thought to divert the topic.

"You know what! You girls are like this only.. Too much complicated! Can't you guys just confess what's in your heart? Why is it so difficult.."
Yasir said rudely.

"Hey, you shut up! You dare to point fingers at us.. What are you guys? Look at you, has so many knowledge about girls.. Like you have a lot of experience!" Nikhar said mockingly.

"Excuse me maam.. To know about you girls, people don't need to have an experience!" Yasir answered back.

"Ya now don't you try to become saint now okay! I saw you with a girl two days ago.. In a hotel!" Nikhar said angrily.

Yasir smiled at her cuteness and thought to play more..
"Ya, I was.. So? That is my life.. Why are you bothered? And it's nothing new.. Are you getting jealous?"

Nikhar clutched her hand tightly to prevent her anger..
"Why would I be jealous? You are free to do whatever you want.. Its your life.. Who am I to say anything.."
Anger and a little sadness was evident in her voice.

Yasir's face fell as he sensed her sadness and was silent for few moments, "You should not...Nikky, you and I do share a special bond.. And in this one month you have become a friend of mine that no one can be. Not even Ayan..
But.....That doesn't mean you can comment about my personal life. My life is dark Nikhar.. A world that you can't imagine..
So it will be better if you don't say anything about it." Yasir said sighing.

Nikhar remained silent as tears formed in her eyes, but she still controlled it and kept silent.
Yasir also didn't say anything as he started to feel the the silence speaking volumes....

"Can I ask you something Yasir?" Nikhar said after a few minutes..

"Yes, say.."

"What do you think of me?" She asked with hope in her voice.

Yasir smiled.. It was more like a smirk.. But his eyes held admiration for someone..
"I think of you as a silly little child. MY silly!"

Nikhar gasped hearing him as she completely ignored the MY.

"I should've known, that you don't think of me more than a child." She thought. But didnt let her thoughts out..

"I have to go.. Talk to you later.. Bye." Nikhar said

Yasir sensed her off tone but didn't say anything about it..
"Bye.."
He said and cut the call..

Nikhar sighed and looked at the phone screen.
But then shrugged and found Ayaah's number there.. She remembered Ayaah went to her art gallery and Yasir's word.. 'Medical problem' rang her head so she called her..