Chapter 25

---------
Where is this heading to?
---------

Ayaah's POV:

I looked at the mirror as I got dressed. I am Wearing a peach color 'Anarkali' suit with some bangles having golden works on it... I wore a peach embroidery hijab with it. My eyes are adorned with a stroke of eyeliner and mascara. Applying the pink shade lipgloss I looked at myself in the mirror. I hate to put the foundation on my face. I feel the natural skin tone Allah gave me is what makes me unique.

But.. Why am I dressing up again?

I put pressure on my mind but still can't remember.
Just then my phone rings and Ayan's name appears on my phone screen.. I received it with a smile and grabbed it to my ear.

"Assalamualaikum... Ayaah, when are you arriving here?"
My eyebrows knitted with confusion.

"Waalikum Assalam. Arrive where?"

"You were gonna visit my office today... Don't you remember?"

Oh... Now I remember.

"Oh... Yeah, I am coming." I said but my face fell just at the thought that I again forgot something.

"Hey, I hope you dressed up well! Cause I know you don't usually dress up. But what to do! You have a handsome husband now so you have to dress up nicely to look nice in beside me!" I heard his sarcasm filled voice and I frowned.

"So is it like that? Alright then. I will not dress up nicely then. Let me tell you, I look like a joker now! And I am gonna go there with this horrible look. Do whatever can to save your image. Assalamualaikum!" Saying this I cut the call with a tight smile.
Lol! What does he think of himself?

But do I look good? Will, he like this look of mine?

**********

I reached Siddique Enterprise and looked went to the reception to see the receptionist busy checking something.
I looked at her and gave a smile.

"Can I meet Mr. Ayan Siddique here?" To say that I am nervous will be an understatement. Cause though I know Ayan runs a business but I never visited his office.

"You are miss?" The receptionist asked totally ignoring me. To say, she didn't even look at me.

"Umm... I am Ayaah Qureshi. " I said but she still didn't look at me. To be honest I never need to say more if I say my name. Maximum Pakistani people know me.

"Ayaah who? Who are you to sir? Any relative?"
Her question caught me off guard. Well, it's not that I don't know who he is to me. But is it the right time to disclose that we are married? Will he like it? And now that I am married to him, I can't address him as my cousin everywhere.
And the most annoying thing, she wasn't even looking at me and was just busy applying nail polish.

As I wasn't answering she answered irritatingly,
"Tsk, Sir doesn't meet anyone without an appointment. Get an appointment first, then come."

"Can't you just call him and say that Ayaah is here?" I asked keeping calm.

"Uff! leave now. I will tell him when he is free. And make sure you get an appointment next time."
She said still busy applying nail polish.

"My wife doesn't need an appointment to meet me!" A deep husky voice hit my ears. And it didn't take me a second to recognize the voice.
But why did he disclose our marriage?