Chapter 38

-------
"Goodbyes are hard"...
-------

Ayan's POV:

The sunlight fell on my face as my eyebrows knitted together in irritation.
I lazily roam my hand to the other side of the bed to feel the familiar warmth that seemed to have left my side.

I opened my eyes slowly as they searched for Ayaah. I didn't find her so I got up from the bed, sitting on it.

The flashes of last night came back to my mind and immediately a smile formed on my lips.
Last night was really beautiful! The best night in both of our lives...
I can't be happier to get the most beautiful girl as my wife! She is beautiful inside and out.
We got up to pray fajr, and I only praised Allah for bringing Ayaah into my life.
However, I saw Ayaah crying while praying...
I am unable to understand what is going on inside her heart,
And now,
where is she? She should rest.

I hear the bathroom door clicking and see Ayaah coming out wearing a brown colored Kurta and plazo.
Her hair was open and she was wiping her face with a towel.

She reached the mirror and started to brush her hair.
Her face was glowing making me lost again.

I slowly reached near her and wrapped my hands around her waist keeping my head on her slender shoulder.

She gasped and looked at me in the mirror.
"When did you get up?" She asked and I removed some hair from her shoulder as I kissed the crook of her neck earning a little moan from her.
She closed her eyes and leaned onto my touch.

"When you were busy killing me with your looks," I said and kissed her cheek lovingly.

She blushed looking down.

"How's your headache now?" I asked and she caressed my cheek.

"Alhamdulillah, it's a little better now."

"You are not lying are you?" I asked tightening my hold on her.

"No, I am not." She said kissing my cheek.

I made her face me as I entwined our hands together.

"We will go to Rafi's place okay? I will leave for Pakistan today and I want you to be safe... So you will stay there for a day okay?" I said to her but immediately her face fell as she seemed to be in some deep thoughts.

I put a finger under her chin and made her look at me in the eyes.

"I will be back before you know!" I said and I saw a few tears in her eyes. She nodded her head and I grabbed her to my chest.

"The operation will go alright... Don't get scared love."
I said but to say the truth, my own heart was hammering against my chest. And with that the threats of mom were too much for me to handle.

*******

I looked at Ayaah one last time... As she held my hand tightly, like not wanting me to leave.
Rafi and Imtiaz looked at me as I have them a smile...

"She is now your responsibility Rafi and Imtiaz. Make sure she is happy. I can't see her sad ever... And I am trusting you guys." I said and turned to my Ayaah, "You don't worry, I will come back  tomorrow itself... It's just a matter of one day."
I said looking at Ayaah as I kissed her knuckles.

Her tears left her eyes uncontrollably! It pierced my heart more than anything.
Her eyes didn't leave mine as it conveyed lots of undescribable feelings through it.