Chapter 6

Game on!....

-----------

Ayan's POV:

I see the whole city from the glass window of my meeting room which is  in the 40th floor of my office. The busy city with hustle bustle seems quite alike with my life... 

Sometimes busy with work load, sometimes busy with life and sometimes Ayaah...

And now busy with the thought of  Mahira's proposal.

You need to give a reason to reject someone's proposal.. But this time, what kind of reason can I give?

********

Flashback:

I was speaking to one of my business clients when I see Mahira entering  the party wearing a classy black gown. Every head of the men snapped towards  the enterance as she entered. And why not, she has an aura of herself, which she carries with her attitude.

I didn't  give much thoughts to her and continued my conversation with my client.

"Won't you even greet me Mr. Siddique?"  I heard a voice from behind after sometime. I turned around to see Mahira there.

"Ohh... Ms. Mahira. It's  nothing like that, I thought you would be busy right now.. Anyways, good evening Ms. Iqbal. It's a pleasure to meet you again.." I said with a formal smile.

"Same here, sooo.. Would you like to have some wine with me?"

"Oh, no Ms. Mahira. I don't  drink.."

"Oh, I remember now. I am sorry for offering. The thing is that a religious  guy like you in our business world is rare.. I really admire you for that."
I smiled at her comment..

"Well you have met one now!"

We continued our conversation for some more time, discussing about various stuffs. She has a good sense of humor.

"Mr. Siddique, since you haven't complimented my appearance today... I am asking myself now, how do I look today?.." She asked after sometime..

"Oh! Really sorry about that. You look great today... "
I say giving her a genuine smile.

"Great enough to be your future wife?"... I shot my eyes at Mahira hearng this

" Excuse me?" i asked astonished..

Did I hear right?

"Have I asked a difficult question Mr. Siddique?.. Well, let's make it easy then..." I watched her keenly as she said that.. She had a tint of blush on her face. I am doomed!

" Look, Mr.Siddique.. I am a very straight forward person. So I will keep it straight.. I am giving you a proposal of marriage..."

Oh no!..

"I... I am sorry, Ms. Mahira?" My reply was more of a question.

"Ayan, I am serious about the proposal.... I liked you when we first met. I have never seen someone like you before! That too in this industry! And this marrige can benefit both of us.. I have a huge empire to handle and my dad has named 50% of his shares to me... After marrige it will be yours.. And if our companies join hands we can be at the top..what do you say about this Mr. Siddique?"She said with a little blush.

"Umm.. I.. I am sorry Ms. Mahira.. But I can't...marry you." I said, not able to look at her but didn’t miss the disappointment on her face..