Chapter 18

------------
"What are you hiding for me?"
------------

Ayaah's POV:

"Ayan called?" I asked Nikhar brushing the paint on the canvas keeping my focus on only that. Pretending I am not bothered by anything.

But the tiredness inside my eyes and the dark circles confessing a totally different thing.

"You care, And why? Wasn't the rejection and insult you gave him enough... That you want to do more?" Nikhar said stabbing my heart with each word.

I smiled... I was more of a way to mock my fate.
"Do you think I am that much heartless?"

"What else should I think? Now don't say that I am always delusional about you! The logic you gave me that day, saying you have no feelings for Ayan is really week! I know you enough to say what you feel and what you not.. " She said and I cross my arms around my chest.

"So, what do you want me to do now? Lie to you... Will you be happy then?" I said and
saw her disappointed glance towards me.

"THE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING NOW IS A BIGGER LIE! STOP IT NOW OR I WILL LEAVE!" I saw her fuming and showed no emotions.

"Fine, leave! I didn't invite you to see my paintings here!" I said with a straight face lowering my voice.

"Ayu! How the hell did you change like this!" Nick said as her eyes held tears.

The situation changed me...

I thought, but didn't voice it out and turned to do my work again.

Huffing Nick started to leave from there. But stoped in her tracks.
"Are you hiding something from me?"

I stopped what I was doing and looked at particularly nothing..
Sisters do know you alot to hide something from them..

"What is there to hide? And if I do, you will know it eventually right!
Just accept the fact that I have changed...." I said not looking at her...

"You are right, what else can be expected from you!" She said and left from there..

I kept my paint brush at the side and sighed looking down.
Taking my phone I lay down to the couch seeing a particular person named Ayan's
photo on my phone screen.

As the tears started to leave my eyes continuously... 

It's been three days since I have seen him.. I know he is really hurt...
But what do I do?
The truth is, there is a chance that he might leave me too when he gets to know about my truth..

Just then a call comes to my phone from an unknown number.
I received it..
"Hello, Ayaah Qureshi?.." I heard a male husky voice from the other side.

"Yes speaking.." I said confused.

"Nice to finally hear from you.. I am Nihal Ahmed. Your dad came with your proposal ."
I heard him and finally understood who he really was..

"Yes, and I went to your office to talk about just that. But you weren't there.."

"Oh I am really sorry, if you don't mind.. can you come to the XYZ cafe to meet me?" I heard him say..

"Okay, no problem!.."
I said and he cut the call..

I don't know why I felt something weird by the tone he used.. I guess it's just my illusion..