Chapter 27

(Jungkook's POV)

I shut off the shower and secure a towel around my waist, gingerly stepping out of the bathroom. Steam billows out from behind me into my bedroom but the sudden coolness outside sends a slight shiver down my spine. A hot bath is pretty soothing after a rough day.

As I am putting on some sweats, my phone alerts me of a new message, glowing amidst the dim light of my bedroom.

Seo In Ah: Be there by 12

I type out a reply and head to the kitchen for some food, hoping I won't have to order something this late.

Instead of going to our shared dorms, I had decided to come to my own apartment for the night. All seven of us have our personal apartments bought over the years, to enjoy some alone time. It also comes handy when you want to invite friends over or be in the company of a woman.

Most of us don't even have mutual friends, which could inconvenience the others if it happened at our shared apartment. We usually use the dorms when we have similar schedules or during the comeback, making it easier to get somewhere together.

The doorbell rings as I am getting ready to watch TV while sipping on some banana milk. I open the door to find a cheerful In Ha covered from head to toe. It's not easy to sneak around nowadays.

"Have you been good?" She asks while stepping into the living room. She begins putting away her coat, mask and hat, revealing someone I am very much comfortable with.

"It's been tiring but..." I trail off, as she stares back at me with a fond smile.

Turning away, she heads to the kitchen, asking if there's any beer. I reply with a yes as I sit down on the couch, feeling guilty now that she's here. You like Anu-shi but that doesn't mean you give up the joys in life!

In Ha is a JYP trainee who met me during an award function a year ago. She's Korean but has lived her entire life in the US. After she got selected on auditioning for JYP, she's been training to debut in a co-ed group like KARD.

To be honest, approaching women or talking to them has never been my forte. But In Ha was pretty straight-forward and made the first move, knowing the risks all along. Love wasn't something either of us was looking for. 

Since that was cleared right up, a no-strings-attached was the best option we agreed on. The members have known about us from day one which is why Jimin thought it was In Ha who had upset me after the party.

"Let's take this to the bedroom, shall we?" In Ha asks as she stands by the bedroom door, her head leaning towards that direction.

"Yeah," I mutter, finishing up the remaining banana milk to join her.

She takes a big sip from her beer can and hands it to me while stepping into the moonlit room. Each piece of clothing drops to the dark floor as she walks towards the bed. I swallow whatever's left of the beer and follow her. Her cold fingers brush my lips as she brings her face closer to mine.

I pinch my eyes close to stop her moonlit face from reminding me that it's not her. Do I really want this?

But that's a question I refuse to answer as we tumble into the bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how long I have been lying awake in bed beside an asleep In Ha. I keep staring through the glass windows at a starry night, waiting to feel something. But my mind runs blank as the hollow in my chest keeps reminding me of someone.

I sigh and get up to put on my clothes. Quickly scribbling an excuse on a sticky note, I leave In Ha alone in bed and drive to the dorms.

I haven't felt this heartbroken in a long time. Since joining Big Hit as a trainee, I have seen all my Hyungs go through a lot which wasn't easy. Even after gaining recognition and fame, I haven't been able to ward off this constant feeling of loneliness and emptiness. None of us has.

The house is oddly quiet as I enter. Everyone must be asleep. I enter Jin Hyung's room and there he is watching some video on his phone. I get in beside him and bury my face in the warmth of his back. I can hear him ask what's happened in a voice laced with worry but I am already drifting to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you like this twist about JK! Please let me know in the comments how you feel. I know this will surely break some JK biased hearts but I'm one, too :) Do vote as well. Spoiler for next chapter: Something unexpected happens ;) That's all for today, see y'all next week. Love ya, readers & ARMYs!