Chapter 33

By the time we reach the venue for the first BTS comeback, everyone's pumped up with excitement. The air is electrifying in the backstage where the members are getting ready for the performance. As today kicks off my first day as an assistant manager in action, I am mostly supposed to stay close to Sejin-shi. Again.

I keep track of the things to be done, and thus, it dawns on me that a performance constitutes a million activities than just the performance. I go check on the members who are dressed in their costumes and are preparing to put on make-up. There's still a lot of time to go before it's BTS' turn.

Sejin-shi gathers the staff inside the dressing room and calls on for a successful promotional week. Ah...this feels so nice! I see Namjoon mouth 'Hwaiting' to me with the hand action, so I mouth an 'All the best' to him.

Everyone from the staff members clear out so that the group can continue putting on makeup and get ready. I have almost stepped outside of the room to tag along with Sejin-shi when I remember I was supposed to find a Su Mi for supplies. And that's when I hear it.

"How did she even become our Manager?" Jungkook mutters in a quiet voice but I hear it anyway.

I am frozen in my place, right by the door where I'm hidden due to the supply closet. No way am I letting this go! I let it slide the last time he went off on a rant and made my mannerisms seem unprofessional. But not anymore.

I walk backwards into the room and watch the nonchalance on everyone's face turn to shock. Regret soon appears on Jungkook's face who must have believed that I left long ago. This almost makes me want to act like nothing happened, almost...

"I know that I'm not as experienced and that a couple of tests cannot determine if I am fit to be here. But I am here now because someone saw that I was capable. So, I would really appreciate if you could give me a chance and trust me a little. Everyone has to begin from somewhere which is why I was given the opportunity, and I do understand the enormity of BTS. So, all I ask is some faith in me."

I bow my head at the guys and walk out as far as my feet shall take me. I end up at a dead-end where I stand and try breathing calmly. After a couple of minutes of holding back the anger and hurt, I realise I shouldn't have gone off like that. 

Today is their first performance and I just went off on a rant in front of everyone. And just like that I turn around and find my way back to the dressing room.

I am almost there when I see Namjoon stepping out of the room. Relief washes over his face as he approaches me.

"I really apologise for what Jungkook said. He didn't mean it the way it really sounded. But still, he shouldn't have said that. And I want to say sorry for that."

"I think I need to apologise as well. I mean, I understand where he's coming from. And yes, I agree he shouldn't have said that, at least not behind my back. But I think I went too far." Namjoon quickly starts shaking his head and continues to say it's not my fault.

Because I want to make things right, I go inside to find a zoned out Jungkook staring off into space.

"Can we talk?" I ask while the members look at me in surprise.

Jungkook gives me a stiff nod and we go inside another room connected to the dressing room. He steps in and stands with his head bowed down while I try to get a handle on myself. We haven't talked in a long time.

The awkwardness hangs between us, so I begin, "I am really sorry for what I said to you outside. I can understand why you said it, but I should have been more mature than to just burst off like that."

The moment I utter the word 'sorry', I see Jungkook's head pop up to stare back at me in disbelief.

"No, I should be apologising. I don't know what I was thinking when I said that...! But it was too rude of me to act like that with you. Please accept my apology." He says, pouring his heart out.

I can see the sincerity shining in his eyes which is why the next thing I say is, "Yah (Hey), geumanhae (Stop it)! Let's stop right here. I know we have had difficulties in the past. So, let us move on now and work harder." The informal tone doesn't budge him at all but causes him to chuckle and then quickly agree.

"Let us begin fresh from today and allow the past to be in the past. But I am all ears to whatever complaints or advise that you may have ever in the future. If I fall short, I want you to be able to come to me and say that no matter what!" The signature Jungkook smile melts my heart and makes me forget the unkind words he has ever spoken to me.

We quickly makeup and go out into the other room where the members gauge the current mood. I wish them luck for the performance and turn to find Sejin-shi. With this conversation, my body feels so light now that I am no more fighting with Jungkook. Now, I can look forward to our future activities...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guys! Again, I apologise for not updating sooner. I was kinda busy but mostly it was just writer's block. But I will work harder and update regularly. So, thank you so much for bearing with me! Hope you like this update. Do vote and comment. And Mi Amor won 3rd place again in another award (forgot the name), but I will update that in the description like always! Love ya, readers & ARMYs!