Chapter 23

(Jungkook's POV)

I'd kill for some distraction right now and what's better than working out when you're tired and sleepless? So, I head for the gym attached to our apartment and begin my regular routine. The plan is working, and I can only think about the soreness in my muscles. Damn, tomorrow's gonna be painful as hell!

During my fourth set of push-ups, I notice a pair of legs and my body thumps down on the floor due to surprise.

"Kkamjjagiya (You surprised me), Jimin-ah!" I complain while sitting up.

"Do you really need to work out right now?" I just roll my eyes at his question and shrug.

"You don't seem okay. Did something happen with her?" Fear paralyses me as I take in the last part of his question, but he doesn't know about Anu-shi!

"Aniyo (No)," I reply while looking into his eyes so that he can believe I am telling the truth.

He nods but doesn't let it go, yet. "You know there's nothing you need to hide from us, right? Whatever it is, we'll always have your back. We have gone through the worst of situations."

I internally scream. Did I really have to freak out so bad? The members already know something has seriously upset me.

"I know! Just—it's nothing." I try my best to pretend but Jimin Hyung proceeds to get up with a knowing smile.

"Everyone inside is worried about you. It's not that common for all six of us to agree on something." He chuckles and shakes his head. "Come on, now. Rest up!"

So, I do just that and head for my room.

As I freshen up and change for bed, a name keeps ringing in my ear. Marques Brown. Without missing a beat, I am searching for his account on Instagram and there it is. 

He has a couple of pictures with her, that reflects a side of Anu I will never witness. Envy is what I feel while clicking on each picture for a closer look. The onset of an emotion so unknown surprises me.

They look good together.

I can tell she really likes him with the kind of smile she wears. The most recent picture consists of two in a single post captioned as 'Expectations versus Reality'. 

The first one shows Anu sitting in a meditating pose on a beach with the sea behind her, nothing more beautiful. The second one is of her laughing out loud, with the wave hitting her back and her body leaning away from it.

My screen goes black and I find a reflection of myself smiling back. I cannot be more grateful to this guy for sharing this. How could I know her like this if not for her boyfriend! And there goes my mood! The smile on my face quickly turns into a frown.

I am ready to block this guy to never be tempted, again but a colourful ring encircles his profile picture, alerting me of his Instagram story. Should I...? Hell with it!

The video begins by showing the steering wheel of a car as the camera turns to Anu on the passenger seat, her hands held over her mouth in surprise. I catch her saying 'A vegetarian Indian restaurant' with the biggest smile on her face.

Okay, that's it! Marques is blocked and I never want to snoop on them, again!

A painful sigh escapes me as her pictures with him keeping flashing in the back of my head. It's not like I haven't sacrificed for this life. We all have as we felt parts of us fade away. None of us knows if this is who we really are because as glamourous as this world is, it takes more of you than give back.

This is the reason why I appreciated Anu-shi's company. I felt more like myself with her. As BTS Jeon Jungkook, it's not easy to meet people that see beyond that shiny image.

A few weeks ago, when she had witnessed V Hyung break down due to stress, I had totally expected her to ask me about it. But she never did, and she hadn't even turned around to take a look at his vulnerable state. And that's not it.

But who knew under the guise of looking for a true friend, I had started walking down a dangerous road that isn't meant for us!

I quietly put off the lights and try to go to sleep. One thing I know for sure is that I cannot allow things to continue as they have till now.