Chapter 18

I turn around and give a once over to the guy, but my suspicion stands true.

"Is this why you requested me to come downstairs?"

Jungkook pulls off the bucket hat and lowers the mask to shoot me a disappointed look. "So, the disguise wasn't successful?"

We both get off at the ground floor and I turn to face him. He did everything I asked, and it did work until he opened his mouth.

"It did. But I could recognise your voice easily. Even with that...thing you did to sound different..." I say, shyly. 

Okay, so most BTS fans know each member's voice by-heart, zero exaggeration here! And hearing their voices in person has only intensified the memory.

"So, if I didn't talk at all, I could come?" He looks pretty frustrated now.

"Um...Sure!" I gulp down the nervousness. Who the hell am I kidding? If we get caught, Big Hit won't screw me over, the entire fandom will!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting near the place I and Jungkook had agreed on, but he hasn't arrived, yet. I haven't seen him since last Monday after we had discussed how his voice could be a dealbreaker.

I had thought of chatting more about his disguise on Wednesday, but a project for TXT came in and I had to work on it. So, he ended up texting me on KTalk to share where we should meet.

I am nervously tapping my foot on the concrete when a black car pulls up around the corner and it's Jungkook! I look away and start messing around with my phone to avoid suspicion.

He's clad in all-black, a bucket hat, a black mask and biker gloves that have finger holes. Damn, this is gonna be a tough night. Guilt is slowly making its way to my heart—but why should I be guilty? Maybe I didn't tell Marques that it was JK who was accompanying me. However, it's just a movie and a...a matter of security to hide his identity! That's right!

I see black boots in front on my mint coloured Adidas, so I look up and the sight of him is too much

"Let's go," I announce.

A slight nod is all I get, and we begin walking towards the theatre.

Though we were scared of any funny people sitting around us, you cannot not have the best seats for a movie. So, I and Jungkook are parked right in the middle of the top row that shall have the best view.

Jungkook chooses to sit on my left, to hide the obvious circular bandages placed over his finger tattoos. More and more people keep pouring in and around us as I patiently wait for the room to go dark.

Jungkook gently leans towards me, on our common hand rest and whispers, "I am nervous."

"Don't say that! That makes me more nervous." I whisper back by turning my head towards him.

We are seated so close that I am drowning in the scent of this cologne. It's not musky or overpowering but a sweet scent that is calming. JK's sensitive nose really does help pick some good perfumes, I guess.

As the lights go off, he slowly pulls his mask down to take a sip of his coke. Everyone is pretty much invested in the initial credits, nothing unusual like sensing an idol might be seated in the theatre. So, I sit back comfortably to enjoy what I came here for and I see Jungkook do the same, his mask back over his mouth.

Throughout the entire movie, he ever so often leans on the common armrest to whisper something about the movie. And just like that, I start enjoying this exchange, so much that at one point we both turn to express our glee about a scene and run smack into each other. I had never seen his eyes so closely, damn!

But unlike movie characters—where the actors freeze in the moment and stare at each other like idiots—we turn back to the screen in a split second, acting like it never happened. Funny how we still continue to share the armrest. I save up the memory of his eyes for later analysis. Right now, I want to relish this once in a lifetime experience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I'm so sorry for the late update. Had an emergency. Hope you liked this chapter. Do vote and comment your thoughts, I'll be waiting for them ;) Love ya, readers & ARMYs!!