Chapter 5

It's been two months since I have been working at Big Hit but I haven't run across any artists. Last week, I heard that BTS had finally come back to South Korea from their international schedule, but Jeff hasn't mentioned them.

Mostly the work keeps me busy and research has led me to find some decent Indian friends around. Aa Ra Unnie and I hang out on the weekends which also led me to meet her boyfriend and his buddies.

All in all, I don't regret coming here as I imagined myself being lonely most of the time. I have also decorated my studio apartment and found some amazing restaurants that serve South Korean dishes with a vegetarian twist. Though I work long hours as there is nothing to do and crash when I get home, finally, I am enjoying what I am doing!

As I am making the progress report based on the plans I have executed, I get a call from Chris.

"Hey, heads up about tomorrow. It's D-day!" He says and proceeds to chuckle.

"Wh-what?" I am not sure what he's talking about, but this doesn't sound right at all.

"You are meeting BTS tomorrow. So, I thought I'll tell you in advance so that you can maybe...dress up?"

I stop breathing the moment he says BTS which then leads me into a fit of breathlessness. I already have my head on the desk and am gasping for air when I hear Chris asking me to calm down.

"I'll share some tricks with you during lunch. So, breathe now! What time you goin' for lunch, Anu?"

"At 2 maybe? Please you need to help me." He hangs up promising to show up at 2 PM and I have taken up breathing exercises 'cause nothing is calming me down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Chris!" I almost yell. I am able to catch his attention who then struts over to our table. Aa Ra Unnie is stabbing at her phone and cursing while sending an email

"Someone's worried...." He says as I roll my eyes and motion him to begin ALREADY!

"So, I met them two years ago with a bunch of newbies. I don't even know the point of techie guys really meeting them, but we did—"

"You met them in a group? Am I going alone?" I cut him off and suddenly the food in front of me doesn't look very appetising.

He pushes my tray further towards me and motions me to eat. "There'll be seven guys, so avoid gawking but do not evade their gaze. Look them all in the eyes and speak but don't over stare. You do not want to seem like a fan!"

"How was it for you?" I wonder as the food starts looking pleasing.

"A bunch of us were introduced for reasons unknown. Later they ordered coffee for us and Suga came and talked to me. This is when I told him I was a big fan. He thanked me for supporting them and liking their work. Which reminds me no fan talking! If they do get casual with you maybe, then you can tell them all about your love for BTS. But if such a chance doesn't come your way, let it go." I nod quietly.

Aa Ra Unnie finally turns to us and looks around suspiciously, "What was all of that about?"

"She'll be introduced to BTS tomorrow!" Chris says in Korean.

The entire day I fuss about tomorrow including what I will wear, how I should talk, how to not be unprofessional, etc. Today is the day I leave early to be prepared for tomorrow. Just after lunch, Jeff had messaged me regarding the meeting and the time I should be in the office.

I take a nice shower at home which then leads to drying my hair while picking an outfit mentally. It takes a lot of time to straighten my waist-length hair, the reason for a head-start. After I am done with cooking and drying my hair, I can finally begin styling it. I really wish tomorrow to be a normal one, not extraordinary but normal!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! Some happy news for y'all: BTS will be featured in the next chapter and I will make sure to not hold out the suspense and update it soon! I am really thankful for the support and love I have been getting until now. Do vote and comment on the chapter for some love, I will surely reply. Love ya, readers & ARMYs!