Chapter 12

The next day is just like any other where the team gathers for a round table discussion and I present our progress and achievements. As the new Japanese album will soon be out, we are working towards making all events a hit. 

While everyone clears out, Jeff walks towards me and compliments my efforts. This is when I break it to him that we actually need to hire more, and he gives a go-ahead without any chatter or complain.

Just as he turns to leave, he stops midway and turns to me, "What do you think about attending a session that requires brainstorming lyrics and music? Your creative mind can really help. Of course, there is no pressure to come up with something. These things take time."

Jeff's eyes are gleaming with joy as I agree to attend the session. Little do I know that we are brainstorming for the upcoming Korean album for BTS. It slowly dawns on me when I enter the room to find some known faces sitting down with musical sheets.

There is Namjoon, Suga, J-Hope, and Jungkook present who are talking to the usual lyricists for their albums

There is Namjoon, Suga, J-Hope, and Jungkook present who are talking to the usual lyricists for their albums. We all greet each other when Namjoon hands me a paper and makes space for me to sit.

"Have you done this before?" Namjoon asks.

"I try writing for myself, but not lyrics. I have no idea whatsoever about music." Namjoon smiles at me with a 'it's ok' look and explains the method that they follow.

The guys all have some lyrics and melodies they have created, and they sit together to try and complete the entire song. Jungkook scoots over to my side and shows me the song they are working on.

"Did you reach home alright?" J-Hope enquires. His peeks at me from under his bucket hat as he is scribbling something on the paper.

"Yes (Ne)."

I am trying to read the lyrics and get a feel of the song when Jungkook volunteers to hum the melody for me. My eyes slowly close on their own accord as I listen to the tune. Deciding to put on a sweatshirt was a smart decision because his voice is giving me goosebumps.

I open my eyes to realise that the two of us are leaning over a piece of paper, having a mini brainstorming session of our own. He then begins to sing the lyrics and it sounds beautiful. 

I quickly start scribbling words that are coming to my mind before I forget them and just like that, I have written down a couple of lines. The last line comes out in Spanish!

It is quite mortifying to share what I have penned down, scared of how it would be judged but not worried if it would be considered. Jungkook begins from the top and also sings the part I have written. 

He is smiling as he sings, nodding his head at me because the part flows naturally. But he stops at the last line, which is in Spanish, so I teach him the pronunciation anyways.

All of them go over the song once more after every lyric is in place. It really sounds awesome when I hear the actual tune on the system. This is when Jeff remembers to call me up to go over some details of the project plan. Perfect timing, Jeff!

I thank the guys for giving me the opportunity to see this process closely and contribute as well. As I start to leave, I hear Jungkook ask everyone about coffee and follow me out.

"Will you like to get some coffee?" He asks, pointing towards the coffee machine right at the corner.

"Sure." I mean, a coffee is okay, right? Jeff can wait ten minutes till I get a beverage with JK here.

Both of us walk towards the machine as he chatters about the song and the progress of the Korean album so far. As we reach the corner, he motions me to get the coffee first. I analyse all the options but with the amount of knowledge I have about coffee, I really can't tell a cappuccino apart from a latte.

"You can try something new." Jungkook encourages.

"Is any other coffee better than the one you chose last time?"

"Nope, that is the best one!" He says while leaning against the wall behind him, legs crossed and hands in his blue jeans. It is surprising to see some colour on him other than black, but the grey sweater goes well with his physique. And gosh that tattoo peeking from under his sleeve!

I quickly get my cup so that I can concentrate on the drink and stop ogling him

I quickly get my cup so that I can concentrate on the drink and stop ogling him. Damn, Jeff was correct. You cannot stop yourself from falling for these artists. Guess I should consider dating the cute guy in my Japanese class.

The inner monologue halts for a moment asJungkook takes his drink and we both part with a bye. I am off to meeting Jeff while texting Marques from Japanese class about his plans for the upcoming weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you enjoy this update. Please let me know if you find this chapter too long so I can keep them short for y'all. Also a small peak into the next chapter: A new and important character will make an entry. The hint for the new character is hidden right in this update, so do comment if you find it! Also hit the star button below. Love ya, readers & ARMYs!!