Chapter 11

We begin walking side-by-side on the road without anyone looking suspiciously at Jungkook. After I agreed to him walking me home, he had turned around to nod at Jimin, J-Hope and Suga who nodded back, approvingly.

As we reach a couple of blocks away from Big Hit's building, I hear Jungkook ask me the address of the building where I live. His thoughtful expression tells me that he knows the place.

"Is it okay if we take a detour? I mean, I know I told you this," his index finger circles his face, "could keep someone from recognising me but—"

"Jungkook-shi, it's okay. If you know the route, I don't mind."

"You can call me Jungkook. We are the same age." He says as we turn into an alley and he takes the mask off.

"I don't think it would look professional if I didn't use honorifics with you. Here it's not even about the age, really." I say as we casually stroll down an empty and dark alley.

"Hey (Yah)! Won't you listen to me?" Jungkook says in Busan Satoori. Gosh this guy!

"Hey (Yah)!" I imitate him without the accent obviously. "I am Noona, I was born before you!"

He eyes me for the comment but chuckles as I giggle. He then apologises and asks me my name. I try to simplify the pronunciation of Anu—which is pronounced as Uh-Nu (like the nu when you say nook)—and he goes ahead and calls me Anu-shi.

"You didn't really have to walk me home. I could have tried waiting for a cab!"

"It worried me to see you go home alone like that. And actually, I don't mind the walk. How often do I get a chance to stroll around? This is perfect!" He says while looking up at the sky and the twinkling stars.

His all black outfit camouflages him in the darkness but his face shines in the moonlight. Even without makeup, this guy can stand out in a crowd full of people! I shake the thoughts away. A starry-eyed gaze from time-to-time is okay but not a full-blown crush, no!

The entire way we don't really talk about a specific thing but converse about many things! We revisit the topic of being alone in a foreign country and his hectic idol schedule. I even ask him the last time he visited his family which was way back!

Both of us connect on Anime and I share how Big Hit is making me take Japanese lessons. So, for a little while we start talking in Japanese and I realise, Jungkook isn't half bad at it, but I can hold a longer conversation. He compliments me for being a fast learner and I, instead of taking the praise boldly, change the topic.

I share the backpacking trip I went on to Jeju-do (Jeju island), alone. The last bit perks up his ears with a 'jinja? daebak!'. So, we compare notes and realise how different my trip was from his. When I reflect back on the entire talk we had, I didn't really find it awkward with him when I usually chicken out as an introvert.

The alley way opens into the main road, but I stop him right there and I point at my apartment complex. I say a hearty thanks and he brushes it off as a 'no big deal'. Like seriously! Who gets Jeon Jungkook to walk them home anyways?

I have reached the entrance of my building whenI turn around to find Jungkook waiting at the mouth of the alley. I check theentire road for strangers and wave a bye to him. He waves back and turns toleave. And just like that, I lay down blissfully in my bed. Sleep doesn't comequick as I cannot forget the night but eventually tiredness takes over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! This was the big surprise I wanted to share with y'all. I hope you liked it and enjoyed the close-up with Jungkook. Please do not forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Stay safe. Love ya, readers & ARMYs!!