Chapter 16

I wake up to a sound and half-open my eyes to find Marques getting dressed. The gaps between the curtains tell me it's almost morning but my room is still dark.

"Are you leaving?" I ask in a hoarse voice.

He is surprised to find me awake. "I didn't mean to wake you! It's 6:30 AM. I'll be able to get to work on time if I leave now."

He's almost finished putting on his clothes as he sits beside me and places a kiss on my head. "Go back to sleep. We went to bed late! I'll close the door behind me."

I nod and pull the blanket higher to stop the morning chill from getting to my naked body. I start drifting back to sleep as Marques promises to call when I leave for work and then I hear a click of the door outside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am startled awake by the alarm to find myself alone in bed. Though I remember Marques left, it's sad not to see him sleeping beside me. I so badly want to skip work and go back to bed! 

But no can't do, so I drag myself out and into a cold shower for some proper waking-up needed by my body.

Marques and I went to bed at four in the morning, after well, doing things unimaginable. The shyness I had felt in the bathroom could no longer be found as he made me feel confident about my body.

As I call him on my way to work, the first thing I hear is a yawn.

"I am so damn sleepy..." Marques says on the other end.

"Oh, don't you start! You are making me yawn as well. Stop!" We keep on like this as I take another route to get a coffee from Starbucks.

Again, not a coffee fan but I need some caffeine to at least look awake!

I step into my office and remember that a certain someone was supposed to message me some lyrics! My KakaoTalk shows zero notifications, so Jungkook forgot. I shoot him a message and get to work.

It's almost noon when my eyes start watering and I cannot stop yawning. The entire team has been summoned for a meeting and no way can I sit there looking like I haven't slept in ages. 

So, I rush to the 15th floor to get Jungkook's recommended coffee. The drink is pouring in my extra-large cup when I hear a loud conversation behind me.

"I can't do this anymore! I am tired and I am done!" A deep distraught voice says.

I seem like an unwanted entity standing here which is why I don't turn around. But the shiny metal parts of the coffee machine display the reflection of V standing outside a room and Jimin consoling him. Jimin proceeds to pull V into his arms as Jungkook steps out from the room and stands by them.

The machine beeps and Jungkook turns around to find me on the empty floor. Why am I always in the wrong place at the wrong time! But Jimin and V do not hear the beep or seem too busy to notice. 

I quickly pick up my cup which is filled to the brim and push open the stairway door with my back. My gaze meets with Jungkook's for a fraction of a second before I step out and the door closes.

Phew! That was close. I guess I should stop visiting other floors in this building out of curiosity!

The caffeine hits me just right and I am alert the entire meeting taking notes, attentively. As soon as it gets over, Chris and I rush to lunch. As a vegetarian, there aren't many options available and I am used to having a heavy meal at noon, so I get my own.

After a yummy chocolate ice-cream cone for dessert, courtesy to Chris, I get back to my cabin, ready to work my butt off. I end my last interview call with an applicant when a knock on the door gets my attention. I turn around to find the last person I was expecting here, looking on fleek as always.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! So here's another update with a good news: Mi Amor won its first award at 'WINGS OF IGNIS AWARDS'. Though it's a 3rd place, I am really happy about this achievement and all your love and support has me in high spirits! So, thank you guys! Also, the surprise I promised shall be very evident in the next chapter, so be on the lookout! Love ya, readers & ARMYs!!