Chapter 21

I check my reflection in the mirror one last time, but I feel myself second-guessing this now. Why did I have to go with such an outfit? That's when my phone starts ringing as I am trying to get my act together and it's Marques.

 Why did I have to go with such an outfit? That's when my phone starts ringing as I am trying to get my act together and it's Marques

"I know you must be looking amazing! Come on, let's go. I am waiting for you!" I groan and tell him that I'll be down in a minute.

How did we go from being lovers to guessing each other's mood? I know I was fussing a little over the party last night and that must have been a hint itself.

I collect my clutch from the counter and get out before I do something stupid like skip the party. I see Marques' car first and then our gaze meets. His eyes turn into saucers with a foolish grin creeping on his face that turns into a chuckle.

"Is this what you were worried about?" He asks while pulling me into his arms.

He carefully places a kiss on my head and keeps me at arm's length to give me a once over.

"Suits were made for women, I'm telling you!" I shush him, rolling my eyes at the compliment but I can't help the smile that graces my face.

"You sure we don't have time? I only get to see you like this for five minutes?"

I push at him lightly, "We don't!" But a silly laugh escapes from my mouth for how cute he's being. I can't take so much attention.

Earlier this week, while shopping for the party, I had tried on everything that Aa Ra Unnie threw at me, but nothing caught my attention. However, the moment I laid eyes on a bottle green suit; I was a goner. Then last night I started getting cold feet and now, I can't help it.

I look at myself in the rear-view mirror, my black hair nicely straightened to fall around my face and minimal make-up to avoid accidentally smudging anything.

I leave Marques in the car, promising to call him later as we reach the venue. I immediately find Chris who looks thrilled to see me.

"Marky boy is lucky! You look amazing." Chris says as he hugs me.

"Thanks! But c'mon, we have work to do." And that's how we get to business and help out with minimal things before everyone arrives.

Aa Ra Unnie soon joins us, wearing a pretty dress and the real party begins. Chris insists on taking me around the room to meet colleagues from different departments. And the worry of not remembering their names the next day makes me turn him towards the open bar.

Shortly artists like BTS, TXT, GFriend, Lee Hyun, and Seventeen make a grand entrance with the press hot on their tails.

The party keeps buzzing as Chris ignores my subtle hints at avoiding meeting people when my eyes make contact with Jeff's from across the room. I gleefully escape to chat with him, though we haven't had that many casual conversations.

"Hey!" I say with a genuine smile when I realise that he's standing beside BTS. They look like they just stepped out of the Black Swan music video.

Control, Anu! I tell myself as I say hello to them with a bow. Namjoon and Jungkook standing ahead greet me with a smile as I turn to Jeff.

"You look very different today! I mean, the good type of different, please don't get me wrong." Jeff tells me with a nervous smile.

"You clean up well, too." I compliment him while sipping some champagne.

"I see you have met most people." He teases and I make a painful face. "Your subordinates look like they are having a good time as well."

I glance back to see the people I and Chris had hired months ago laughing at something.

"Seems like it. Chris didn't give me a chance to talk to the—" I get cut off by Chris who hurries to my side with his phone in his hands.

"Your boyfriend called!" He announces. "Told me you aren't picking up yours."

It dawns on me that I completely forgot to call Marques and tell him when I'll be leaving. It's been hours since he dropped me off at the party!

"Oh, you have a boyfriend!" Jeff enquires with a smirk. Why is everyone having so much fun on my behalf?

"Yup, name is Marques Brown." Chris cuts in.

I huff out a frustrated sigh at Chris for being so—deep breath, "Yeah, we met a couple of months ago. He works at a tech company in Seoul."

Jeff nods approvingly as I excuse myself to call Marques. While turning away to leave, it's Jungkook's gaze that meets mine and his expressions look off. But both of us turn away and I end up leaving without a second glance as I have a phone call to make.

However, thoughts about Jungkook won't fade away as I make my way outside. Maybe they could have spent their time at a much better place than at a Big Hit party? Just let it go, Anu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! Next up is Jungkook's POV! I hope y'all are excited about what's going to come up next. Maybe y'all can guess how Jungkook shall be? I'm so excited to share it with y'all! Love ya, readers & ARMYs!