Chapter 22

(Jungkook's POV)

I straighten my jacket one last time and finally decide to button it as our car pulls up in front of the building. We step out amidst blinding flashes and cameras pointed at our faces. I naturally bow down at the press, greeting everyone with a gentle smile.

 I naturally bow down at the press, greeting everyone with a gentle smile

The members are on edge today. We've barely slept the last few weeks due to continuous shooting and practice for our comeback. Don't even get me started on the upcoming world tour.

The emcee announces our arrival to the guests in the large hall filled with people to the brim. After necessary greetings and pictures, we get escorted to the VIP area with the other artists. I and Rapmon Hyung stand in the front to ward off attention from the other members who are seated behind.

"Are you okay?" I ask Hyung, discreetly.

"I think I could doze off." Namjoon Hyung blinks rapidly while looking down and takes a big sip from the champagne flute.

I glance back at the members who are invested in their phones, tiredness evident on their faces. Make-up does really help cover up when necessary.

I turn back to look at the sea of people ahead of us, my eyes unconsciously searching for a specific face. But there are so many women with their backs to us that I could walk out today without meeting her at all.

And then I see her turn around. Her face immediately brightens up with a sweet smile. I follow the direction of her gaze and it's Lee Ji Sung-shi. She hurries towards where he's standing which is just beside the VIP area.

I unabashedly observe her make her way from a throng of people and then get caught by surprise when she sees us. Recovering quickly, a natural smile graces her face and she bows down to greet us.

Anu-shi looks really pretty today. Not that I haven't noticed before but that outfit with the rich green colour and the long black hair just...stop!

I turn away and concentrate on the crowd for some distraction when I hear, "Your boyfriend called. Told me you...picking...yours," A male voice announces loudly in English. I barely catch the second sentence amidst the rush of shock.

As Lee Ji Sung-shi enquires, "Oh, you have a boyfriend?", the peculiar male voice answers, "Name is Marques Brown."

I distantly hear Anu-shi confirm while I am trying to hide the sudden lack of air making me gasp. I throw back the rest of the champagne and try to breathe in and out.

Boyfriend? How could I not know? Why was I stupid enough to believe she was single? Due to a couple of interactions with me? Funny! My mind has started sarcastically taunting my heart for not seeing this crush for what it was.

I glance back at her and Anu-shi is looking right at me, her eyebrows scrunching as if trying to figure out something. Informing Hyung, I leave for the restroom as quickly as my legs can take before the guys sense anything.

The mirror inside reveals a pained expression on my face as I hurry to the privacy of a stall. The tightening inside my chest makes breathing a difficult task. I continue to sit there with my head in my hands, struggling to calm down. But nothing can stop the jumble of thoughts waging a war in the mind.

How could I be so ignorant about my feelings! How did I start falling for someone when I knew the reality of this world? And the absurdity of being hurt, now!

I huff out a shaky breath and give myself a pep talk. No way can I just hide out in the washroom. I need to get myself together! Composing my expressions, I make my way back to the members.

I immediately see her bringing back a hostess with some more champagne towards us. Without another thought, I pick up a glass and turn away to join Jin Hyung. Namjoon Hyung's 'thank you' echoes behind me, but I don't care. I cannot pretend being a friend, now that I'm aware of this infatuation.

Jin Hyung does a subtle once over and I know I'll be answering some questions after we get home. The hell!

As I am downing the champagne, I see Manager Sejin-shi approach us with a 'let's go' expression and I sigh in relief. Though other members weren't happy about attending this party, I had looked forward to it for Anu-shi. But now, I can't wait to hurry back after what went down.

Nevertheless, I still glance back at her as we move out because old habits die hard. A night of enlightenment won't change things so quickly.

It's in the car when Namjoon Hyung enquires if I am okay and I reply with a curt nod. The members always care but none will pry, so I see him go back to his phone even though he knows I'm not okay.

As soon as we get home, I quietly walk to myroom as everyone makes drinking plans. I just want to be alone and wallow in mystupidity. When Jimin Hyung calls out my name, I just shake my head and make anexcuse. I know they'll come for me harder if I keep avoiding them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here it is! I have tried nailing Jk's POV but I don't know if I did well...? Is this reassurance about some romance btw Anu & JK good enough? Lemme know with your votes and comments :) I hope you enjoy reading it. Spoiler: The POV doesn't end here ;) Love ya, readers & ARMYs!!