Chapter 10

With work piling up one after the other, the pressure to complete it keeps getting high. Though I and Chris had hired some more writers and analysts, in just 5 months we are back at the hiring discussion once more. It's one of those nights again when I am working late to get the monthly report perfect to a tee. I look at my watch and the time reads 12 AM!

I pack up my stuff quickly and take the elevator while going through the report on my phone. The office is pretty empty but not entirely as many artists, trainers and managers work late for certain preparations. 

The elevator pings, notifying me it's the ground floor. I put my phone in the jacket as I don't want to walk home this late with my head buried in the report.

I find Jimin, J-Hope and Jungkook waiting near the reception probably for the rest of the guys. We all say hello to each other while Jimin stares at me in surprise.

"You haven't gone home, yet?" Jimin asks me.

"Ah, there was a lot of work and many had to be completed before tomorrow. So, had to stay back!" I tell them with a smile.

But my eyes are burning with lack of sleep, so I bid them goodbye and start walking faster to get home.

"Excuse me (Chogiyo)!" I hear just as I am opening the door to step out.

I turn around to find Jungkook to be the one who called out. He walks towards me and asks, "Are you taking a taxi?"

Confused about the question, I answer, "No, my apartment complex is close-by and I usually walk."

"Even at this time?" He enquires.

"Yes, I experience a cab issue here as I live very close." I tell him.

He makes me wait by showing me his index finger and approaches the receptionist to ask something. Meanwhile, Jimin and J-Hope are also staring at Jungkook in a confused state. I cannot hear much of what Jungkook is asking but I see the receptionist shake her head for the two questions thrown at her and apologise.

He, then, turns around to face me and says the most absurd and caring thing. "Can I walk you home?"

My wide-eyed stare gives me away as I shake my head by muttering a little of everything including, you're an idol. He pulls up the hood of his jacket and shows me the mask in the pocket.

"Big Hit's policy usually doesn't let anyone go alone at this time. We have cars and bodyguards available but today we are short on it and the taxi service at this time isn't great either. So, don't worry I'll drop you if it's close-by and if you are okay with me..." That uncertain voice of his at the end makes me say okay when instead I could have just called a taxi! 

Oh no, Jeon Jungkook is going to walk me home!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click below! There's another part. I am not leaving y'all on a cliffhanger :)