Chapter 6

In the morning, I end up wearing something completely different as the outfit I picked—a formal dress— just doesn't fit the occasion. I go through my wardrobe again and pick a high waist cream trouser and a nice white dress shirt.

Some adjustments and a little lipstick, I am ready to conquer the world! My slightly curled hair—all thanks to waking up early to get it done—go perfectly with the outfit.

Though I always walk to the Big Hit building, which truly is quite far but a good source of activity, today I take a taxi. I am quietly seated in my office, going through my introduction for today when Jeff calls me to a meeting room on the upper-most floor. I collect my ID and begin the walk towards my end.

Nervous jitters have wreaked havoc in my tummy and no amount of soothing is making it go away. I glance at myself in the washroom mirror, adjust my shirt and go to the meeting room.

Jeff is waiting inside and greets me cheerfully when he notices me enter.

"You are looking nice! Hey, don't be nervous, everything will be fine." He mutters to me slowly.

The world turns upside down when Manager Sejin enters the room, a signal that BTS is right behind him. I take a deep breath and prepare myself to be amazed and obviously, dead!

Jin follows Manager Sejin and greets us with a smile—he is wearing a blue dress shirt and trousers just like me! Jungkook comes in after him, followed by J-Hope, Jimin, RM, V and Suga. I lose sight of most of them as I am repeatedly bowing to everyone and finally, I look up at all of them standing together with a small smile.

They go ahead and introduce themselves with a 'Dul Set Bang-Tan, Annyeonghaseyo. Bangtan Sonyeondan-imnida.' (one two three, hello, we are BTS)

For the first time, I hear Jeff talk in Korean who then introduces me by telling them my designation and how long I have been working for Big Hit. We proceed to sit down, and Jeff continues to explain what we are doing for BTS in simple language without the jargons. Just as he finishes explaining the progress so far, he gets a call and has to excuse himself.

As he leaves, I begin to feel like I am frozen in my seat. I look up and meet RM's gaze who smiles and bows. Before I know he opens his mouth to talk to me in English—guess Jeff forgot to add something, "Do you know Korean?"

I answer him in Korean which later seemed like showing off to me, "Yes. I am fluent in Korean. My vocabulary is still a bit weak but I am learning from people around me." Why does my heart feel like it's beating in my throat?

RM looks at me wide-eyed and then quickly smiles, "You really sound Korean!"

I see J-Hope with a hand on his mouth staring at me and turns to agree with RM. "But how old are you?" J-Hope asks me in astonishment.

Should I say Jungkook's age or will it be too rude? "I am twenty-two years old." Even before I am done, all seven of them suddenly make noise in wonder.

"Do I look older?" I ask without thinking because that was the look I was aiming for when I swapped my outfit. The earlier dress I had picked made me look my age, in turn, making me seem like a stalker who had come to work with Big Hit for sly purposes.

J-Hope turns red and starts disagreeing way too many times while the others burst into giggles.

"That wasn't what I meant. I am.... amazed that you are where you are while being younger than Jungkookie!" He defends with an embarrassed smile.

"Oh, actually I am Jungkook-shi's age. I forgot that the Korean age is different!" I catch myself at the last moment before saying Jungkook instead of with the honorifics.

"Jinja (really)?" J-Hope wonders while Suga goes ahead and tells me, "Then it's not Jungkook-shi! Speak without the honorifics, go ahead, try it."

"But how are you so well-versed in Korean?" Jimin asks me without hiding the wonderment on his face.

I guess I should tell them the truth, I mean, would it really make sense otherwise? "I learnt Korean when I first started liking Kpop. Many of the earlier videos of—" I hesitate but give in anyways, "—BTS didn't have the subtitles all the time. So, I just thought why not learn it? I wasn't really good but reading and watching K-dramas improved my understanding of the language."

"Daebak (awesome), isn't it?" J-Hope says while RM replies with a, "We are really glad that Kpop and somewhere BTS were the inspiration for you to learn Korean."

I nod as Jeff finally returns, apologising for the delay and continues with what he had in mind. He tells them about how any of them can approach me for any help they require as I am fluent in three foreign languages apart from the Indian ones.

As I am nodding to Jeff talking about the future plans and what-not, I meet V's gaze who holds it, slowly dragging his index finger on his cheek then pointing at me with a 'good' sign. I smile at him and give a subtle bow with my head.

Was he referring to my skin which is bare without makeup or the skin tone? Whatever it was, I take the compliment as my heart flutters. As Jeff ends the meeting, I glance down at my watch only to realise that 25 minutes have passed. It seemed like a lifetime!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! So, here it is, the entire meet-up with BTS, I hope you liked it! And yes, the picture is what Anu ended up wearing to the meeting. A small reveal for the next chapter: the meeting doesn't end there, you are in for a little personal interaction! Hehe. I'll update that soon as well. Thanks for the support and love, my dear readers. It means the world! Love ya, readers & ARMYs!